Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
When speaking about HY/RD are you only referring to the TRP or also Yokozuna? The latter is as light as the Spyre, though I'm not sure whether it's any smaller in profile.
The P5x originally came with the TRP brake. Our Parlee's are also TRP disc but full mechanical. Though, as mentioned, a much smaller caliper than the TRP HY/RD. I haven't seen the Yokozuna one. Interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
zip ties and a bottle cage? is there no "permanent" solution to a tight fitting bottle holder on the rear of the saddle?

i'm not opposed to using zip ties, but if there's a more solid rear mount i'd be interested. spending $5k-10k on a bike and zip ties seems crazy.

Zip ties are the best for getting the bottle in close and tight to the saddle, I think. Even on the P5X with the built in bottle holder I used zip ties. I've just always used zip ties on every bike I've had and have never had an issue. No reason not to IMO. So long as you use a quality zip tie or three it's not going to break. I've even used a double bottle under the seat set up with zipties as well. Super light option if you don't mind plastic. 😁
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So how's the conclusion after riding it for several months? Is the Parlee TTiR's performance similar to the P5/P5X?
I saw one last weekend at a bike show and it's magnificent, barely see them in Europe and seriously thinking of getting one.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [kdl2493] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdl2493 wrote:
So how's the conclusion after riding it for several months? Is the Parlee TTiR's performance similar to the P5/P5X?
I saw one last weekend at a bike show and it's magnificent, barely see them in Europe and seriously thinking of getting one.

I'm curious, too. The Parlee TTiR seems like a real sleeper and likely less expensive than Specialized Shiv or Cervelo P5/P5X.
Probably climbs better and is lighter than both as well.
Last edited by: twain: Oct 2, 19 23:22
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
kdl2493 wrote:

I'm curious, too. The Parlee TTiR seems like a real sleeper and likely less expensive than Specialized Shiv or Cervelo P5/P5X.

Went from a Cervelo P5 to the TTiR in April and have been loving it, definitely faster than the P5. Have had lots of PRs since I've gotten it. It is such a clean looking bike. Have just under 2800 miles on it already. Did the Davis Double back in may in pouring rain and had a blast on some of the descents despite the rain. The brakes were confidence inspiring, my buddy on Trek Speed Concept could not keep up with me on the descent as he had no brakes.

Just picked up a Zipp Super 9 disc wheel last week from someone on facebook for $1500. Will be using it in 12 hour world time trial championships november 2nd and on RAAM as part of two man team next June.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
twain wrote:
kdl2493 wrote:

Went from a Cervelo P5 to the TTiR in April and have been loving it, definitely faster than the P5. Have had lots of PRs since I've gotten it. It is such a clean looking bike. Have just under 2800 miles on it already. Did the Davis Double back in may in pouring rain and had a blast on some of the descents despite the rain. The brakes were confidence inspiring, my buddy on Trek Speed Concept could not keep up with me on the descent as he had no brakes.

Just picked up a Zipp Super 9 disc wheel last week from someone on facebook for $1500. Will be using it in 12 hour world time trial championships november 2nd and on RAAM as part of two man team next June.
Wow, sounds like a very good endorsement! And good luck at the TT championship and RAAM, holy cow!
Two questions
- any comment on how well it climbs? I've ridden a P5 and it seems like the power on the uphills just dissipates.
- where did you get that seat storage thingy?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like mine...

Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bad ass! Ok, fess up, how did you take the picture with it seemingly standing by itself?
And how do you like the Zipp wheels? Are they really that good in cross-winds?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The picture was tricky as the bike wanted to roll down, as you can see, it's slightly downhill... so I had to let a little air out of the tires.

The 454 and 858's are bad ass looking wheels. Let's be honest here that is why you get them, and because you can, not because they're more stable. If they are, consider it an added bonus. I feel like if 808's push you around, I don't know that the added stability of the 858's will make a huge difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
yannb wrote:
twain wrote:
kdl2493 wrote:

Wow, sounds like a very good endorsement! And good luck at the TT championship and RAAM, holy cow!
Two questions
- any comment on how well it climbs? I've ridden a P5 and it seems like the power on the uphills just dissipates.
- where did you get that seat storage thingy?

Thanks!

I'm just north of San Francisco in Marin County, we have a lot of hills. Typical Saturday ride is 80-100 miles or so with anywhere between 4000-6000 feet of climbing. Because of that, I put 11-32 cassette with long cage derailleur and with full size crank. I'm 52 and half years old and weigh 205, need to save my knees.

I did the Davis Double (10k climbing) on the Cervelo P5 last year and again this year on the TTiR. Can't compare those 2 days as this year it was pouring rain and down to 35 degrees freezing cold. Definitely manageable with a 11-32. In any case, the bike climbs well and descends even better, I used to be scared descending on the P5, on the TTiR, I'm not afraid of descending at 40+mph.

As for the rear storage box on my bike, I design and sell them. I have them for about a dozen tri bikes, check out my website: http://www.custombikexcessories.com

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andres wrote:
I like mine...

that so make me wanna take mine apart and get a respray... I'm switching to hydro disc for next year and hell that's most of the work right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bike is bad ass! Love the Parlee!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll play

Coach at Scientific Triathlon
http://www.scientifictriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Heather Wurtele's Parlee TTiR Disc [ljkerin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ljkerin wrote:
I’ll play

Ok, you know how to stage a bike for a photo.

Nice bike!

Maurice
Quote Reply

Prev Next