Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use a battery-powered bike bell or siren/horn?
Quote | Reply
More and more I'm finding my regular thumb-activated 'ding-ding' bell isn't alerting motorists who seem intent on killing me on my commute. My subsequent shout usually does the trick, but I've been considering some kind of electric bike bell or siren.

I don't want to look like either: a) an absolute muppet; or, b) a child with a new toy for his bike.

With that in mind, does anyone here use one, and if so what do you recommend? I was thinking a cheapo eBay thing could be perfect.

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a battery-powered bike bell or siren/horn? [BungleJapan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a battery-powered bike bell or siren/horn? [BungleJapan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheap, no batteries ever, and SUPER LOUD (115+ decibels LOUD when needed), blows pretty much anything else out of the water.

No connection of any kind between us and this company (just happy customers), but I suggest the delta airzound bike horn, have used them for years, refills easily with a bike pump (air-driven). Great for commuting with cars and trucks, but works well on bike paths too--just a tiny tap from 50+ yds away makes for a nice courtesy 'I am passing' alert, will not scare people (if horn is used properly).

amazon link, but I think you can sometimes find them cheaper if your google-fu is good.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a battery-powered bike bell or siren/horn? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Air compressor horns are great,

There must be a hole in the market for a tri version... Aero shark fin shaped reservoir behind the seat or under bars with a co2 powered refill tap🙂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Air Zound kicks ass.

My son has one on his bike and says you can see car drivers jump when he hits it.

If I was a bike commuter it's what I would use for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a battery-powered bike bell or siren/horn? [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A stealth co2 driven one instead of a reservoir would be great
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a battery-powered bike bell or siren/horn? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a battery-powered bike bell or siren/horn? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this! I'm a year round commuter. Most of my commutes are completely benign but once in a while this will come in really handy. Just bought on amazon.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a battery-powered bike bell or siren/horn? [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bio_McGeek wrote:
Thanks for this! I'm a year round commuter. Most of my commutes are completely benign but once in a while this will come in really handy. Just bought on amazon.
Cheers,
Jim

Glad to help, you'll love it.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tips! I'll check it out, though not sure if they'll ship to Japan.

Nobody has any experience of ear-piercing battery-powered ones?

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ideal place to mount a horn would be on your helmet so you can direct it more purposefully

Same with the emergency back up highbeam spotlight for winter

So then ideally a helmet mounted cree led lamp and air horn with 2 levels that has a spring cable to a thumb trigger mounted on the bars .. With 2 buttons or a switch that let's you operate them independently or at the same time

Kind of like an directional lighthouse with a fog horn for those dark rainy night emergenvies.... Cars starting to pull out from side street, dogs running after you...
Last edited by: lacticturkey: May 24, 18 2:29
Quote Reply