Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Deference without Dishonor
Quote | Reply
 The thread title is the title of an opinion article published in the Washington Post, 23 May, by Stephen Wrage. It is commended reading. Apologies for not providing URL linkage. This old dog still stoops down every morning to pick up his hard copy WP off the doorstep (sometimes in the bushes). Most days I am able to do this without spilling my coffee, however my skillset of new tricks on most things internet is pitiful. Maybe someone could help out.

The gist of the piece: The President is to speak at Fridays USNA graduation and how might he and his speech be received. Juxtaposed into this piece is reference to Senator John McCain's speech delivered to the 93 graduating class. Also referenced was the example of deference exhibited by Jim Mattis towards the President in his first cabinet meeting

TDS: Otherwise known as the elephant in this room. I suffer this disease. At its core and entirety for me is personal character. No ideology, no politics, just the man and his character. Will the Mids go so far as to not throw their covers in the air to celebrate the pinning of their bars? Will they act as cheering props and applaud? The Reality Show that is our Presidency shamefully demands that we tune in.

Semper Fi.
Quote Reply
Re: Deference without Dishonor [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Will they act as cheering props and applaud?

I would be extremely surprised if they did not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...538d9dbd6_story.html

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Deference without Dishonor [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you sir/mam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link

That was a good read, thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Will the Mids go so far as to not throw their covers in the air to celebrate the pinning of their bars?

I hope they do throw them. Regardless of who is speaking it is their day to celebrate a hard earned milestone.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Deference without Dishonor [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:
Will the Mids go so far as to not throw their covers in the air to celebrate the pinning of their bars?

I hope they do throw them. Regardless of who is speaking it is their day to celebrate a hard earned milestone.

I must admit that this might be a fantasized natural over reaction on my part. The cross section of USA that is represented in this diverse student body and the hard earned quality to their achievement demand this exuberance regardless of the President's words delivered just moments before. Maybe they will opt to wear ear plugs? Hell, maybe the president will hire a speech writer that will allow him the opportunity to receive faint praise and not cringes.
Quote Reply