Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aerobars: Adjustable, Cheap, and Aero? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was interested in the Specialized one you posted, so I looked on their site. There's a carbon version that comes with a special-made stem so the clamp area doesn't have to be round. It looks a good amount more aero. It's also more expensive ($550 or so), but I just saw this one on eBay. I'd buy it myself, but funds are tight right now. But I'll be watching eBay in the future for another one.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars: Adjustable, Cheap, and Aero? [nilloc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got this basebar off ebay, quite cheap. Syntace Stratos CX 390mm. Currently using some very old Profile T series clamp hardware, but planning to get something better soon. I still think the Felt Devox 3 is the most aero in a fully adjustable setup, but you can only buy them with the basebar which I don't want.

Quote Reply
Re: Aerobars: Adjustable, Cheap, and Aero? [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GatorRacer wrote:
The clamps you received are the low-stack clamps. These came with all of the aerobar kits along with the angle adjust clamps initially. After the recall of the angle adjust clamps, they were removed from all kits, leaving only the low-stack clamps which you received.

Specialized introduced a replacement for the angle adjust clamps, the fixed angle clamps (0deg and 8deg). These were never added into the aftermarket kit, but are available through a specialized retailer.

GatorRacer - THANK YOU FOR THIS. I'm stuck with the low-stack clamps and hate them, I've never seen the fixed angle clamps until now - going to try and source the P/N for these. My local Specialized dealer isn't the easiest to work with, but I'm going to track these down dammit!
Quote Reply

Prev Next