Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15
Quote | Reply
How would you like to train and learn from the world record holder? Now is your chance! Andrew Starykowicz has been doing training camps for years and had only invited a few friends but now he is opening it up to everyone. I have done his camps the past few years and I leave with new skills and bigger engine. I am so tired when I get home, but my training is always a step above compared to before camp. Nothing is off limits and Andrew will help and answer any question you may have. Every day will be a new adventure. The rides are epic and you climb a lot but it is comforting to know that your are suffering with friends. The views and the roads are amazing. There are groups for all abilities so you will not be alone. You will swim, bike or run everyday The dinners are the best and you will have to wait for Andrew to order and finish his dessert :-) I have learned a lot from Andrew and he is truly the best in the business when it comes to training and racing. Come to camp and see what I am talking about. Learn and make some great memories, and don't forget to tell all your triathlon friends that didn't come.

If you are interested in more info register below and receive a 40% discount on the trip when registration opens June 1.

https://docs.google.com/...;edit_requested=true

Robert Duncan
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [Triduncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Robert, looks like a cool camp, and welcome to our forum. But just so you know, it is bad form to sign up and make your first post something for sale here. There is a FAQ section after you click on Forum, you will see the general rules there. It is not that people don't post stuff like this, but maybe the wrong forum, and this main forum usually responds better to folks that have been here awhile and part of the conversations...
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Robert has been around here a while...
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, but it shows he signed up yesterday and this is his first post, LTL??(long time lurker)
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [Triduncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got his e-mail invitation, but it would be nice to know location and a few other details....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Politics in the forum?
I've been on more than one training camp with Starky. Seen some beautiful views with some great people. Campers come in all ranges and abilities. Swims, bike routes and runs all excellent. Food and lodging always great. There are other pro triathletes there and it's really cool to see how they train, kid each other and how much they eat!!! The best part is you get to swim, bike and run with The Man himself. Thanks for the memories Starky!

"injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" MLK
Last edited by: Shakeandbake: May 22, 18 18:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Rob,

Thanks for forwarding this. When Andrew sent out the proposed training camp schedule last Fall, I was a NO for the this July camp (conflicts w/ another trip), but will hopefully make the end Aug/early Sept camp.

To build on your note for the broader audience, if the format is similar to last summer's camp, the cycling is epic - rural, mountainous and nice SAG support. How Andrew finds some of these nice back roads still baffles me (probably able to get in extra mileage on the bike exploring when everyone is trying to keep up, and the fact that he's been riding down in those parts for years). If the lakes are similar, the lake swimming could not have been better - mountainous backdrop on a relatively undeveloped lake with almost not boat traffic (maybe 1 or 2 pontoon boats), clear, refreshing water. My guess is running will be an increased emphasis vs. last summer's camp as Andrew was still on the comeback trail from the accident the year before. To Rob's point, every day is truly a new adventure. It was great meeting you (Rob) and the other folks and getting to ride/climb/eat/swim/chillax with everyone (I skipped the running). With his engineering background, Andrew really does have these camps dialed in and details worked out!!! Good stuff!

Tad

It took awhile, but I finally discovered that its not the destination that's important, but rather the journey.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [TMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TMT wrote:
Hey Rob,

Thanks for forwarding this. When Andrew sent out the proposed training camp schedule last Fall, I was a NO for the this July camp (conflicts w/ another trip), but will hopefully make the end Aug/early Sept camp.

To build on your note for the broader audience, if the format is similar to last summer's camp, the cycling is epic - rural, mountainous and nice SAG support. How Andrew finds some of these nice back roads still baffles me (probably able to get in extra mileage on the bike exploring when everyone is trying to keep up, and the fact that he's been riding down in those parts for years). If the lakes are similar, the lake swimming could not have been better - mountainous backdrop on a relatively undeveloped lake with almost not boat traffic (maybe 1 or 2 pontoon boats), clear, refreshing water. My guess is running will be an increased emphasis vs. last summer's camp as Andrew was still on the comeback trail from the accident the year before. To Rob's point, every day is truly a new adventure. It was great meeting you (Rob) and the other folks and getting to ride/climb/eat/swim/chillax with everyone (I skipped the running). With his engineering background, Andrew really does have these camps dialed in and details worked out!!! Good stuff!

And we still do not know WHERE it is?
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary,

My info is dated at this point (from last Fall), but I think they were looking at a camp in Virginia and/or North Carolina. Rob D. will need to weigh in with the details.

Tad

It took awhile, but I finally discovered that its not the destination that's important, but rather the journey.
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [TMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TMT wrote:
Gary,

My info is dated at this point (from last Fall), but I think they were looking at a camp in Virginia and/or North Carolina. Rob D. will need to weigh in with the details.

Thanks Tad. I thought it very odd that no mention was made of the location and when interested one was directed to fill out a form with contact info but no more info on the camp. Odd way to get a mailing list?
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Hey Robert, looks like a cool camp, and welcome to our forum. But just so you know, it is bad form to sign up and make your first post something for sale here. There is a FAQ section after you click on Forum, you will see the general rules there. It is not that people don't post stuff like this, but maybe the wrong forum, and this main forum usually responds better to folks that have been here awhile and part of the conversations...

Not to pile on but I would agree. An example a few years back was Dessert dude and Heather when they had extra spots for an aero camp.

They posted in the notices when they likely would have filled those spots in 5 minutes on the main forum.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty cool concept to see a point to point camp like this. kinda similar to the style of racing many of us seem to be gravitating towards these days. a bunch of people from Houston have joined these in the past and always come back with some entertaining stories.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Last edited by: VALHALLA: Jun 5, 18 10:08
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Robert has been around here a while...

I was wrong. I thought Bob Duncan, Starykowicz's coach, who has posted on the forum as bobttcoach and is registered on ST as a coach and fitter, had posted about this camp using a different username. After looking at the camp page posted by Lars and doing a search, I see that there is a Robert Duncan who is a pro based in Chicago. He is quoted in the camp video and has posted about the camp on his Twitter feed.

The camp looks fun. A point-to-point race or camp definitely provides a different mojo than starting and finishing at the same place.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jun 5, 18 11:48
Quote Reply
Re: Andrew Starykowicz F.A.S.T training camp July 12-15 [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trips are epic. Been a few years since I have gone, but riding with Starky is fun and he actually is very content to ride very easy a lot of the time. I thought I would never see him after mile 1, instead I was dropping him. He would ride up to us and bitch about how hard we were pushing. Then we would hit the next climb and he would be gone in an instant. For his size that boy can billy goat up a climb.

I learned more on that trip than I have from all of my coaches over the years. He and the other elites and pros are down to earth and after a few beers the stories are priceless. I wish he would not schedule his camps on weekends that my kids have games and matches.
Quote Reply