Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Traveling with race day nutrition
Quote | Reply
I'm flying out to do Boulder 70.3 ion August and I'm wondering what those of you flying to a race have done regarding race day nutrition. I'm using Tribike Transport for my bike and I don't plan on checking a bag. Is it ok to bring HotShot and zip lock bags with mysterious looking pills, gels and powders through security? I'm sending a gear bag through Tribike Transport as well but I'm thinking I'm better off bringing my nutrition with me. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Traveling with race day nutrition [TXAgeGrouper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always put it in the normal luggage, never in the handluggage. So if I were you I would put it in that gear bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always carry my drink powders on to the plane and never had a problem. It's food. Half the time they swab it but I dont think even the dumbest smugglers would just throw a kilo of powder into a ziploc bag in a backpack and strut through security. I have also had ibuprofen and other vitamins in an unmarked bottle and never had problems.

More risky to check it and lose your bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, i take all race day nutrition with me. the powder i have in my carry-on bag, and it's in a double plastic zip-lock with the amount of scoops and calories written on masking tape applied onto the bag. my gel flasks, with 4 oz. of gel in each, are packed with my bike. each goes in a ziplock baggie, and those 2 go in a swim cap, and that all goes inside my helmet. it's all gone perfectly for me over many years.
peggy
Quote Reply
Re: Traveling with race day nutrition [pmcdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Sounds like it's safe to fly with powder's in ziplocks so that's what I'll do. I'm still undecided on what else I'll be eating/drinking but I plan on figuring that out on/around August 3rd :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never had an issue with individually bagged powders in checked or carry-on bags. Just don't carry-on liquids in containers larger than 3.4 oz (you probably know this).

If I were you, I'd put some extra stuff in the TBT bag as a backup.
Quote Reply