Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vittoria Corsa Speed. Loved the feeling but...
Quote | Reply
So I am back home from the 70.3 in Mallorca. good race and I got a slot for SA on top of everything else!

This was my first time with Vittoria Corsa Speed tires. I run them with butyl (after my last-minute latex fail, see the post here), and they felt great, and held perfectly, despite all comments about them being so fragile, that kept me on my nerves before the race. But after the race, I noticed this in the tire wall:

A small dent in the rubber layer on the tire side. the core adn inner rubber wall are not affected but I am not sure if I should keep on riding this one. After just 90k this is not what I would expect.

Would you throw it away or ignore the dent and just keep on riding?

Sr. Salitre
Last edited by: SrSalitre: May 21, 18 3:43
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed. Loved the feeling but... [SrSalitre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The casing looks OK so would keep riding it, although I would fill that hole with some glue as a bit of puncture protection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rubber isn't structural, so I would fill that in or stick a small patch over it and use it for less important events. More importantly, I would get my latex tube issues figured out.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed. Loved the feeling but... [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
The rubber isn't structural, so I would fill that in or stick a small patch over it and use it for less important events. More importantly, I would get my latex tube issues figured out.

agree, not sure there's a point in running VCS if you're putting butyl tubes in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use a glob of Shoe Goo on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SrSalitre wrote:
Would you throw it away or ignore the dent and just keep on riding?

Patch the inside for piece of mind. I have some sidewall material from old tires I use for patching cuts and other weak spots.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Corsa Speed. Loved the feeling but... [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

agree, not sure there's a point in running VCS if you're putting butyl tubes in there.

Pretty sure Jon Olsson had snow tyres on his Lambo...
Quote Reply