Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Congrats to the married couple
Quote | Reply
I am no monarchist but I think he is a credit to his family

As is his brother

He seems like a person who embodies much of what his mother valued

He seems to value public service

He is an impressive individual in spite of literally being born with a silver spoon in his mouth

I hope they are happy
Last edited by: Andrewmc: May 19, 18 4:58
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm wiped out, that was magnificent.

The Firm always pullsl it out of the bag, even with a whole lot of new and different.

They seem like a splendid couple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I don't understand the American's obsession with the british royals, I find the current generation with Harry and William and Kate to be very respectful because they changed the british royalty from this awkward tradition with awkward people to finally having people that are totally normal with normal (somewhat) lives and jobs and they do a lot of good for their country- while they also had their normal people screwups too.
Last edited by: Benv: May 19, 18 5:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! That dress! So elegant. They both looked fabulous. They seem very happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was great. As we're the twitter comments by "Elizabeth Windsor" (spoofing the queen)! Especially re the American pastor...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Mawwiage is wot bwings us togeddar today!" ; )

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
I'm wiped out, that was magnificent.

The Firm always pullsl it out of the bag, even with a whole lot of new and different.

They seem like a splendid couple.

Agreed. I enjoyed every moment of it but got lost when the reverend went from Love is the Way to talking about fire. The choir, cellist and Doria were all superb.

The kids were cute too.

Last edited by: travelmama: May 19, 18 8:35
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cellist! So good.

They both look so very happy.

A Kiwi I know from bike racing is now living there and she was along the Great Walk today and got a wonderful picture of them in the carriage.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw none of it

Like many I went out too lunch, got half cut in solidarity and have just woke from a nap........

Mabrook none the less as I meant what I said. Where's the beer........
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
While I don't understand the American's obsession with the british royals,

They're so much better than our current leader!

(I think it's also that I think most girls kinda dream of being a princess. Thanks, Disney! I like Kate's outfits... their lives have a sort of magical feel to them. It's like the allure of Harry Potter and all the castles and stuff. It's fairy-tale-ish. Helps that Kate and Pippa are so pretty. I don't think William or Harry are particularly handsome. There's also some historical interest for me; it's a big moment in history - kinda sorta - and there are photos of Megan that look timeless, and that's neat)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: May 19, 18 13:45
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
A Kiwi I know from bike racing is now living there and she was along the Great Walk today and got a wonderful picture of them in the carriage.

That's cool, it must have been really neat to see in person.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember watching Diana's wedding back in the day but I slept through this one. Just another royal wedding I suppose, but certainly do wish them the best.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
While I don't understand the American's obsession with the british royals,

They're so much better than our current leader!

(I think it's also that I think most girls kinda dream of being a princess. Thanks, Disney! I like Kate's outfits... their lives have a sort of magical feel to them. It's like the allure of Harry Potter and all the castles and stuff. It's fairy-tale-ish. Helps that Kate and Pippa are so pretty. I don't think William or Harry are particularly handsome. There's also some historical interest for me; it's a big moment in history - kinda sorta - and there are photos of Megan that look timeless, and that's neat)
Both Harry and William have evolved a lot. I used to live in the UK and especially Harry would get so much shit in the press whenever he was a teenager or young adult doing the stupid stuff that most of us young adults did. To me their lives were never glamorous but rather creepy- though they have turned things around by being the first generation that seemed more normal and real and 'true'. I used to live right by Windsor Castle and have ridden my bike up the hill many, many times -and often the royal staff (and the royals too) would be in the nearby fields playing cricket or polo. Lots of good memories which make it somewhat interesting to follow the event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did Pippa’s cute butt show up?
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
While I don't understand the American's obsession with the british royals, I find the current generation with Harry and William and Kate to be very respectful because they changed the british royalty from this awkward tradition with awkward people to finally having people that are totally normal with normal (somewhat) lives and jobs and they do a lot of good for their country- while they also had their normal people screwups too.

LOL just opened this thread wondering what it was about, took till your post till I had a clue.

Slept right threw it, haven't seen anything about it. Guess I have done a pretty good job of getting away from mainstream media.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed, Akeem is an all around genuine guy! Love by all..#HappilyEverAfter

Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's odd - I thought you watched your buddies die face down in the mud so that each individual could choose if they give a fuck about a royal wedding, thus expressing their very "freedom" upon which the USA was founded.
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boring dress
Quote Reply
Re: Congrats to the married couple [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuckyLo wrote:
Agreed, Akeem is an all around genuine guy! Love by all..#HappilyEverAfter

I wonder if she let him keep the bathers.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply