Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question about di2 dura-ace
Quote | Reply
So today as I went on my ride, I was unable to shift. No problem I thought. Maybe the battery is dead..... (note I just got a new bike 3 weeks ago, but have been biking a lot, traveled with it 1000 miles in the car, etc).

I started to charge it. The light on the charger was orange and I was getting 5 blinking lights on the battery in the bike.

It's been 10 hours. The charger is now blank but I am still getting the 5 blinking lights on t he battery indicating that it is still out of battery.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?

I have tried charging it through the wall and a USB adapter and through my computer to no avail. Appreciate any feedback or advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about di2 dura-ace [Golfangelz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any disconnected cable?

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Question about di2 dura-ace [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you use your computer to run the e tube program?
Quote Reply
Re: Question about di2 dura-ace [pedal-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m having the first gen di2,so nothing to do with a computer.
But the first thing that comes to mind if the battery is ok and loaded but nothing happens that there might be anything disconnected at a junction. Just a guess. Maybe your lbs have diagnoses tool.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Question about di2 dura-ace [Golfangelz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 3 guesses...
1) Bad battery
2) Bad charger
3) Something constantly draining the system

I had a mysterious discharge a couple weeks ago. I do not know the cause, but I suspect that it was when I swapped the bike onto the trainer, and maybe shifted it to the smallest cog without turning the pedals, so it could not complete the shift. I suspect that the RD was trying to complete the shift until the battery drained.

Anyway... Try this... plug it back into the charger, and while charging shift the RD and FD up and down while spinning the pedals to let both settle into their chosen position. Then let it continue to charge. If it still shows a dead battery, then my highest probability guess is a bad battery. After letting it charge for a while, get on the e-Tube software and run a full diagnostic test.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about di2 dura-ace [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check the little cable that connects into the rear derailleur. That often gets knocked out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
After letting it charge for a while, get on the e-Tube software and run a full diagnostic test.

I think you missed the earlier post. 7970 Di2 so no E-tube compatibility.
Last edited by: loxx0050: May 19, 18 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: Question about di2 dura-ace [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
I think you missed the earlier post. 7970 Di2 so no E-tube compatibility.
I'm pretty sure the OP is posting about the latest gen Di2. He said "I just got a new bike 3 weeks ago" and made no mention of earlier gen. Another poster commented about old gen Di2, but that was not applicable to the OP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are correct. Didn't notice the person who posted about first gen Di2 wasn't the Op. My bad on missing that detail.

To me new bike doesn't always mean latest model. Just new to me so it could be anything down the line.
Last edited by: loxx0050: May 19, 18 14:04
Quote Reply
Re: Question about di2 dura-ace [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is first gen - the main trunk cable was bad on my used kit purchase - Di2 7970. I was able to find the break & solder/ fix.

I think this is a common fault on the early systems from what I've seen.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply