Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Photobucket has a change of heart?
Quote | Reply
I just got an email from them saying they are changing their pricing. From the huge price, whatever it was, to 20 bucks a year.

Someone there read the writing on the wall

For 20 bucks, I might be willing to go back.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by: Nova: May 18, 18 14:50
Quote Reply
Re: Photobucket has a change of heart? [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh, who knew? Until you posted this, I had no idea that they were charging. I wonder though, with other options (Google Drive, iCloud, etc.), were they forced to reduce those fees?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too little too late. They pissed off too many people. I switched to imgur.com as did many other people from online forums that i frequent
Quote Reply
Re: Photobucket has a change of heart? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Too little too late. They pissed off too many people. I switched to imgur.com as did many other people from online forums that i frequent

But are you paying? I have a lot of photos on Photobucket and I’m willing to pay for the storage. Nothings free. I think they wanted 300 bucks a year, or something stupid.

It includes third party sharing, so I can post pictures again. Woohoo.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, not paying and can share and post pix. It is all free....for now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:

At this point, I wouldn't use photobucket unless they paid me. Too many other places offer free, easier to use, photo hosting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:

+1

They lost me forever.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Photobucket has a change of heart? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
softrun wrote:

+1

They lost me forever.

How are you going to recover the photos you have on the site?

Last edited by: Nova: May 19, 18 14:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The primary reason for me using photobucket or any other online photo sharing site is for sharing photos, not for storing them. I store them on my computer and are backed up on a stick. PB can stick it :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/url]

Last edited by: Nova: May 20, 18 14:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up for the year for 20 bucks. Much better than the 399 they wanted at first.

And it works. :)

Quote Reply