Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Installing Aero battery cover on Felt B16 (2017) possible?
Quote | Reply
I bought a Felt B16 recently (model year 2017). I want to install Di2.

I just received the Felt Aero battery cover. However I am struggling to put it in place, as the brake cable is in the way. Is this normal? Or is it not even possible to install the cover on the B16? I was under the impression it has the same frame as a B2 (which had the Di2 already installed).
And is there anything I need to pay special attention to when trying to routing the cables through the frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Aero battery cover on Felt B16 (2017) possible? [Kurzzug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't the front end of the B2 different than a B16? I thought they had a Bayonet integrated fork/special Felt only stem combo just like the more expensive higher end IA's models and the DA frame. If that's the case then no the cover wouldn't fit and you'd probably have to modify it to work.

Do some research on the front ends and differences between the two and you'll be able to confirm.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Aero battery cover on Felt B16 (2017) possible? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The battery cover is around the bottom bracket. The B2 also has the cover there, that's why I thought it will work.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Aero battery cover on Felt B16 (2017) possible? [Kurzzug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I didn't know where the battery cover was located. Then I got nothing and maybe you might want to modify it (try heat molding or trimming it).
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Aero battery cover on Felt B16 (2017) possible? [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that would be my fallback option ;). Thanks anyways.

I'll just wait a bit, maybe somebody else can help....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're correct.

I have the B2 and the brake cable does hit the cover.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Aero battery cover on Felt B16 (2017) possible? [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. How is it installed then? A cutout? Or simply "made fit" with some wiggling?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I remember there's a little bit of a gap with the mounting bracket. I lost the bracket when I was upgrading the battery mount so that I could have syncro shift. I've just been using electrical tape to put it on during races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It barely fits on the B2.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply