Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos
Quote | Reply
I am in the market for a new Cycling kit - Bib / Short for long hot weather training rides. What are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [Etexag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wyn Republic http://www.wynrepublic.com

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [Etexag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use my De Soto Sport Skin Cooler gear. Works well in the heat but doesn’t have as large of pockets as a cycling jersey. Still very functional and I haven’t had issues bringing along what I need up to a century ride. I pretty much use my tri shorts and bib shorts too since I do well with a thinner chamois.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Garneau is my go-to. Get one of their nicer bibs... well worth it. Still way cheaper than the super-high end stuff like Assos or Rapha -- mind you I've not tried those. I kind of don't want to... if I do and like them, my wallet might be in trouble.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the Desoto tri-shorts for an ironman and was comfortable. I will have to look into the three given. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup - slippery slope. I fought going down the Rapha rabbit hole, but once I did...my world was changed. After so much saddle pain, weird sausage leg things, unbreathable jerseys...Rapha solved it all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I 2nd Wyn Republic

I have bought 2 sets of bibs and jerseys from them as well as some socks. I love their kits. They feel incredible.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
Garneau is my go-to. Get one of their nicer bibs... well worth it. Still way cheaper than the super-high end stuff like Assos or Rapha -- mind you I've not tried those. I kind of don't want to... if I do and like them, my wallet might be in trouble.

2nd LG products. Affordable especially if you get some on closeout and bibs and jerseys just tick off all the boxes for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently tried Pactimo and found them to be quite comfortable for me. I now have two of their summit raptor bibs. They're pretty expensive full price but if you can wait and shop their sales they can be had for around $100. I also like Castelli with the progetto x2 chamois and Pearl Izumi with the orange chamois, I think that's their elite. I haven't had good luck with low end LG but haven't tried any of their more expensive stuff so it may be much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fan of Ale cycling gear 👌
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm partial to Castelli, but I recently picked up a Velocio Kit and I'm really liking it. I will be getting more from Velocio soon!

Simple designs and a great quality product.

Velocio.cc

Jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've looked into their gear. Some of the Australian brands like MAAP and Black Sheep have got my attention.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MAAP has some good stuff too. Haven't seen a lot of Black Sheep though.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, MAAP has some really cool looking stuff. Black Sheep does too but MAAP is wild on some things.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My goto stuff is Castelli. I can't fault it.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a new Cycling Kit Bib/ Short ... Suggs and Reccos [cobra_kai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll second Pactimo. It’s great stuff. Quality, colors and fit are second to none. Get a coupon code online because their stuff is expensive at full price. I never pay full cost.

cobra_kai wrote:
I recently tried Pactimo and found them to be quite comfortable for me. I now have two of their summit raptor bibs. They're pretty expensive full price but if you can wait and shop their sales they can be had for around $100. I also like Castelli with the progetto x2 chamois and Pearl Izumi with the orange chamois, I think that's their elite. I haven't had good luck with low end LG but haven't tried any of their more expensive stuff so it may be much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a few pairs of Pearl Izumi bibs I got for a good price on Amazon. Comfort is never an issue and I didn't spend a boatload.
Quote Reply