Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Carbon Basebar break/repair...experience?
Quote | Reply
Well...biekflights done broke my basebar. Anybody have experience with repair of something like this? Can it be done? Who? Where? Cost? Pic attached for reference of damage.
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Basebar break/repair...experience? [Giantxlab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*FedEx broke your basebar

Did you get insurance? I had a wheel crack from a Bike Flights shipment, and they PayPal’d me MSRP replacement within a week.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Carbon Basebar break/repair...experience? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes technically FedEx but bike flights is the responsible party, they already made good on their claim and sent me the standard insurance of $100 bucks because I didn't select more which I didn't know you could do, but will in the future. There was another piece that broke on my bike which the $100 will just cover that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it actually broken, or did the aerobar just get pulled down enough to squish the screw hole in?
Last edited by: nickwhite: May 18, 18 5:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks like a total write-off.

You can't just patch that up but would need to make sure everything is symmetric and completely aligned again. Even if you were successful in the repair it would over stiffen the repaired area and localize stress elsewhere on an already damaged bar. You are better off just to buy a new bar.
Quote Reply