Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blueseventy Fusion?
Quote | Reply
Any opinions on this suit?
Doesn’t seem to be any decent reviews around!

Fed up with Huubs crappy fragile suits that they won’t replace, 4 huubs 4 ripped suits.
Not only that but they are so flexible they become like water balloons after 5-10 swims.
The best one I have is the old Archimedes!

My old BS helix was awesome, but I was slow in it due to sinky legs.
The fusion looks to have 3/5 buoyancy but I’m worried I’ll miss the flexible shoulders of the huub.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Fusion? [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Fusion was my first wetsuit years ago. It is their entry level suit. I recently reused it for the first time in several years when my Huub was away for repair.

(Small, non affiliated, plug for Techneopro in the UK if anyone is looking for someone to repair a suit)

I noticed the difference was that it was generally tighter all over for the same size. Particularly the forearms. And I found the relative lack of flexibility in the shoulders more noticeable.

On the plus side, it was warmer. And compared to my Huub utterly bomb proof.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Fusion? [Race1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How old? As I think it was updated in 2017 and now 2018
And which huub?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
How old? As I think it was updated in 2017 and now 2018
And which huub?
Thanks!

The 2018 model is new and redesigned and I doubt anyone is going to have a review on it yet as they just recently became available. I am intrigued though as usually with bottom-tier suits they sacrifice on flexibility but they went with 1.5mm rubber on the arms, shoulders, and upper chest - that should help a lot!!! It seems like BS is giving away the goods with incorporating this into their bottom-tier suit. If you get the right size I bet this would be a contender for best entry-level suit ever. If you do pick it up I would interested in your feedback and as always you can always save 25% on BS here.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: May 16, 18 18:29
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Fusion? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My neighbor @ the lake got a new Fusion. ( I have the old one ).

The new suit looks great! I had it in my hands. I would say it's above the old Reaction @ quick glance, in terms of looks/features.

My 5 yo Reaction has a ton of float. My 6-yo Fusion I actually like better, it broke-in and fits like a glove, and a little less buoyant. Which is why I really like the Helix, which I got last year.

I've been swimming off Kits beach this week in my Reaction btw. Kits pool will be open when I get back from racing this weekend

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Fusion? [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharkFM wrote:
The new suit looks great! I had it in my hands. I would say it's above the old Reaction @ quick glance, in terms of looks/features.

Thanks for that. I am interested in this suit now as well as it seems like they built some incredible value into the suit. I wonder how it will affect sales over their higher end suits over time

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Fusion? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried on my old helix today (around 7 years old) and I can’t believe how horrible it felt compared to the new huubs and new helix I was lent. It was so tight, thick and constrictive,
Goes to show how tech has moved on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
I tried on my old helix today (around 7 years old) and I can’t believe how horrible it felt compared to the new huubs and new helix I was lent. It was so tight, thick and constrictive,
Goes to show how tech has moved on!

It probably doesn’t help that the wetsuit was sitting in a closet and that tends to stiffen it up a bit. I like to toss my suit in the dunk a few days before a race if I haven’t used it in a while. It really helps :)

Quote Reply