Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help saddle advice needed
Quote | Reply
Hallo, I have a new bike did a bike fit. The test Cobb saddle fifty five felled good. But after riding 2 weeks and on longer / up to 170k I am not that comfortable as I thought. I am small with 1,73 and have only ridden a road bike with a very old small saddle with was best comfortable. I have ridden the current Cobb on 6+ degrees and now on 7,5+... In my opinion the best setup but not the right one. Is there a tri saddle with smaller nose available? Anyone who have advice and tips? Next week I will visit the bike fitter again. But want the prepare myself well. All you help is appreciated! With best regards Ronald
Last edited by: Ronaldtriathlon: May 13, 18 7:52
Quote Reply
Re: Help saddle advice needed [Ronaldtriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no master fitter, but I think you may have bigger problems than your saddle with that setup. I don't really understand why the front end is so high and the saddle is tilted down so much. It's no wonder you're having comfort issues. If any of the fit gurus come on here, look at that picture, and give you the seal of approval I'll be amazed.
Quote Reply
Re: Help saddle advice needed [STJ_2028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STJ_2028 wrote:
I'm no master fitter, but I think you may have bigger problems than your saddle with that setup. I don't really understand why the front end is so high and the saddle is tilted down so much. It's no wonder you're having comfort issues. If any of the fit gurus come on here, look at that picture, and give you the seal of approval I'll be amazed.

Thx for your reaction. We came up with this high setup to get me comfortable at the bike during my upcoming first long distance triathlon in June. Some others think I can go down also. I have no back problems and with a good flexibility. I find it difficult to judge who’s rightfully... So more input from the fit gurus is more than welcome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked at your picture and will make a couple of suggestions. First, Lower your seat height, I would start about 2cm lower (at a minimum) and then move the saddle more forward, as far forward as it will go. Then I would seat the front of the saddle so that the front 2 1/2" are level, the rear will be slightly tilted up. Get the saddle fixed first and then work on the bars but at this time you appear to be too stretched out and that puts a lot of pressure on you shoulders and will cause much crotch soreness. Saddle heights that are too high are what I find as the main cause of seat issues, not just my saddles but every brand of saddle, you will not loose any power from a lower seat height.
Quote Reply
Re: Help saddle advice needed [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear John, what a honour to see you reply!

This week I will visit the bike fitter and set up the Adjustments and looking forward to see what happens.

Could you explain what you mean with: "that the front 2 1/2" are level"?

I was also considering a saddle with a smaller nose like the tenace. What about that?

Tonight I will make pictures while cycling and post them. Mayby this gives you more input to give me the best advice.

Looking forward to you reaction. Thx. and with best regards, Ronald
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He means that the front 2”(tip) of the saddle should be level with the ground. Ignore the rest of the saddle when setting it up but make sure the front portion of the saddle is level (use the front 2” of the saddle for your reference point to level it).

Hope this helps.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Help saddle advice needed [Dopers.Suck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear Dopers.Suck, thank you for your explanation. This makes it clear for me. Regards, Ronald
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello John, not the best angle photo. But maybe it helps your thoughts. Let me know if you have further advice. Again thx and looking forward to your response. Best regards, Ronald
Quote Reply