Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite Misuro B+
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever use the Misuro B+ added onto their trainer to make a dumb trainer into a smart trainer? Is this accurate? How well does it work?

I have a Nashbar fluid trainer that should be capatible. Even if the data is way off I’m more looking for consistency and the ability to track indoor progress without spending a small fortune for a power meter.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Misuro B+ [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The B+ looks like it's made for Elite trainers since they likely have similar power curves. The B+ may "technically" work with your trainer, but it probably won't be very good.

If you have a speed sensor, you can already do this with your trainer and any software that offers virtual power and has your particular trainer power curve available (or even a very similar one, since you're just looking for consistency). TrainerRoad, Zwift, PerfPro, and MaximumTrainer seem like they all support the Nashbar trainer. You can probably get decent results with Golden Cheetah, too, but it doesn't have the Nashbar specific power curves.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Misuro B+ [Newduguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any particular speed sensors recommended? I’m assuming it has to be something with a little tech and not the old thing I ditched years ago when I switched to GPS.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Garmin's speed sensor, but any will do...even the old magnet-style sensors. I'd pass on a lot of the generic Chinese sensors on Ebay that do both speed/cadence because of the two I own, they don't seem very reliable. When they work, they are almost exact compared to the Garmin...but that's when they decide to work.

What software will you be using for virtual power?
Quote Reply
Re: Elite Misuro B+ [Newduguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely Zwift since it’s so popular.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Opps, I didn't realize the Nasbar trainer was the same as the Elite fluid trainer. I guess that B+ would probably work, then.

At any rate, if you go with a Garmin speed sensor, you'll have to have an ant+ adapter for your PC, too, if you don't already have one. They're pretty cheap on Ebay ($15). There are lot's of other combinations out there, but you really just need a speed sensor to get virtual power going.
Quote Reply