Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMTX - the simplest solution [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i decided to stay out of it as i offered herbert to take part in the interview (phone) and give my perspective on jen performance and the ''world record''. but he decline to take me on it. I dont fault him, he is a busy guy and as lots of other topic to cover.

But i have done a few interview with Herbert, The one of jen wasnt a enjoyable one. I would have prefer it done differently.

but this is off topic.....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX - the simplest solution [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was kinda writing that in pink based on all the comments from people who got up in arms over IM TX and then everyone talking about "certifying" courses now to clarify the issue.

I'm in the camp that it's dumb to have full course records in triathlon. We don't even have an procedure for transition setup and/or athlete flow in said transitions. In Kona the pros have to go all the way around the transition. In other races, I don't think that's the case, and it's certainly not laid out precisely like Kona is. Which is my point when someone brings up "certifying" a course. The only courses you truly can certify is the bike and run.

Which is also why I said, if IM TX was 112mi bike and the swim was 2.388mi, we'd not have a care in the world, or even have this conversation.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX - the simplest solution [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
understandable and it seems with that statement you are making it clear that your primary roll is to protect your athlete. Which is admirable.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX - the simplest solution [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tuckandgo wrote:
So, you know what.

Just have 'fastest' times per course/venue. And not compare between. It's an outdoor sport, not a controlled venue (as much as our type A, controlling personalities want it to be)

That way it really doesn't matter if a course is short (for the purpose of records), or encourages draft packs, or allows the lead biker too close to the moto. Or if women get a boost being passed by fast AG'er (part of the game)

Apples are compared with apples.

And everyone can be happy and stop the angst.

Happy Friday everybody :-)

These are my thoughts exactly but I was afraid to put it in that other thread as I was afraid of all those "mean people" piling on me :-). When I started competing in triathlons, I was chasing the time but soon realized how subjective they are. The courses are so different, weather, sea/lake conditions, wet suit or not... I did 5:45 in IM Florida, nice and clean ride, the next year it was very windy and I would have been slower.
Can somebody organize a river swim where we would swim downstream and, ya-hooo, look at the new swim record?? Who will do this first, Ironman or Challenge? I
I think the interview was good, straightforward questions and straightforward answers.
About not releasing the files, I wouldn't do that either. Years ago, I was doing strength training with a paralympic athlete who represented Canada in Vancouver 2010, I was his secondary coach, trained him now and then. What we did is nobody's business, we did what his primary coach told us and would release the files only if we were under some sort of investigation.
Last edited by: softrun: May 11, 18 13:43
Quote Reply

Prev Next