Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Today's happy gun news. AKA Great job NRA!
Quote | Reply
Really Oliver North? They are really doubling down on the whole "we're right, everyone else can fuck themselves"

I'm sure some of their members are OK with someone who threw Reagan under the bus, but I'd hope many aren't.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/07/609133891/oliver-north-will-be-next-president-of-nra-organization-says

Quote Reply
Re: Today's happy gun news. AKA Great job NRA! [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And in irony of ironies, if it wern't for the ACLU, North couldn't legally own firearms as a convicted felon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
Really Oliver North? They are really doubling down on the whole "we're right, everyone else can fuck themselves"

I'm sure some of their members are OK with someone who threw Reagan under the bus, but I'd hope many aren't.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/07/609133891/oliver-north-will-be-next-president-of-nra-organization-says

Sounds like a good pick. Unlike most folks in this place he's actually fired one of those fabled "assault rifles." In combat. At the bad guys. Plus, he's a lifelong gun owner. Who better to lead the fight against all those gun-grabbing, macchiato-sipping beta males and nanny state females out there? And I also look forward to a reprise of "From my cold, dead hands."

"Blue" baby! ;-) ;-)

P.S. The boxing match between midshipman Oliver North and midshipman James Webb (both future Marine Corps officers who'd see serious combat in Vietnam (North was awarded a Silver Star and two Purple Hearts, Webb a Navy Cross (the second-highest military decoration, just behind the Medal of Honor), two Bronze Stars and two Purple Hearts)) while at Annapolis (class of '68) is legendary. North (barely) came out on top. He's no patsy, in other words.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: May 8, 18 6:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
And in irony of ironies, if it wern't for the ACLU, North couldn't legally own firearms as a convicted felon.

He's not a convicted felon. His convictions arising from his role in the Iran-Contra affair were subsequently reversed and then vacated, with all charges against him dismissed in 1991. Lots of shady stuff by the special prosecutor, Lawrence Walsh, came out of that big mess, which is another reason why I don't like these special prosecutors/special counsels. They always end up straying far off the reservation from their original charter. Same thing happened to Bill Clinton, in my opinion.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Today's happy gun news. AKA Great job NRA! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:

He's not a convicted felon. His convictions arising from his role in the Iran-Contra affair were subsequently reversed and then vacated, with all charges against him dismissed in 1991. Lots of shady stuff by the special prosecutor, Lawrence Walsh, came out of that big mess, which is another reason why I don't like these special prosecutors/special counsels. They always end up straying far off the reservation from their original charter. Same thing happened to Bill Clinton, in my opinion.

He was convicted, but it took an effort from the ACLU to get the charges vacated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:

He was convicted, but it took an effort from the ACLU to get the charges vacated

North was convicted and he absolutely did the crimes. What got his charges vacated was the fact that they used his testimony to congress, for which he had been granted immunity, in his later criminal trial. North was and still is a scum bag criminal for selling Iran arms for the hostages and then using the money to fund an illegal war in central america.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:

Not trying to be a shit-stirrer, but I thought North “fell on his sword” in order to protect Reagan, versus throwing Reagan under a bus.

"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Quote Reply
Re: Today's happy gun news. AKA Great job NRA! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
scorpio516 wrote:

Sounds like a good pick. Unlike most folks in this place he's actually fired one of those fabled "assault rifles." In combat. At the bad guys. Plus, he's a lifelong gun owner. Who better to lead the fight against all those gun-grabbing, macchiato-sipping beta males and nanny state females out there? And I also look forward to a reprise of "From my cold, dead hands."

"Blue" baby! ;-) ;-)

P.S. The boxing match between midshipman Oliver North and midshipman James Webb (both future Marine Corps officers who'd see serious combat in Vietnam (North was awarded a Silver Star and two Purple Hearts, Webb a Navy Cross (the second-highest military decoration, just behind the Medal of Honor), two Bronze Stars and two Purple Hearts)) while at Annapolis (class of '68) is legendary. North (barely) came out on top. He's no patsy, in other words.
-
You can have my macchiato when you pry it from my, still coffee-warmed, dead hands.
Quote Reply