Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to verify garmin data is not tampered with? [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure you can do they know how flipping slow 3:26/100?

I used to swim that slow trust me there is no comparison on what someone looks like swimming 3:26 vs 1:43 per 100.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfquigley wrote:
I can’t blame them for thinking what they do, given how it looked, but I am now in contact with the racer she passed who looked like me, and am one step closer to a resolution :)

I hope it works out for you but I stand by my comment. You need new friends. Or a better definition of what a friend is.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: How to verify garmin data is not tampered with? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Good lord. It’s a flipping pool swim who gives a shit?

Exactly.

@OP I wouldn't worry about it. 'so what' and on with life. First world problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay sorry I doubted you. your whole story makes sense.

I can see why the accusers got confused, but as others have said, if they don't come around they aren't your friends.

And as you have probably surmised, though they say it isn't about the yelling that is really what is at the heart here. If you have time, read this: http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/

A mom tried to frame the PTA president by putting drugs (pot, percocet and and vicoden) in her car over a small misunderstanding.
Quote Reply
Re: How to verify garmin data is not tampered with? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No apology needed, it happens!

That was one crazy read though!! Holy crap!
Quote Reply
Re: How to verify garmin data is not tampered with? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Sure you can do they know how flipping slow 3:26/100?

I used to swim that slow trust me there is no comparison on what someone looks like swimming 3:26 vs 1:43 per 100.
This. There really can't be any confusion about which of those two standards someone is.
Quote Reply
Re: How to verify garmin data is not tampered with? [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Tell them that and then tell them to pound sand. You shouldn't have to defend yourself anymore at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha caught out by posting on Strava. First world problems. And you care why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they realize that if you had done 350m in a 50m pool you would end up on the opposite end from where one would complete 700m in a 50m pool?

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How to verify garmin data is not tampered with? [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDCali wrote:
Do they realize that if you had done 350m in a 50m pool you would end up on the opposite end from where one would complete 700m in a 50m pool?

Hahahaha..... win!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDCali wrote:
This.

Brilliant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At this point, you've provided more than enough info.
The distance measurement is pretty irrelevant. If the guy thinks a wrong distance is evidence of doubtful data he's a fool. Either watch data is always unreliable or it's not, and yours is if anything more credible for being incompetent ;)

You're claiming the shouting incident is only relevant as it brought attention to the swimmer in question being passed. More likely it's the entire motivation for your "friends" behaviour. Why was he asking around for witnesses and trying to build a case that you cheated if he wasn't already upset about something else. An actual friend might query whether you'd made a mistake with your lap count but wouldn't be accusing you of cheating, looking for witnesses, and claiming you're likely to have doctored data files! At least he wouldn't unless he already thought you were the sort of guy who would do that. He's upset because (he thinks) you shouted at his wife and/or he's not your friend.

Surely if this was in any way a serious race, there would have been race personnel counting laps?

One way or the other, without some solid evidence you did anything wrong, I'd tell them you didn't cheat and if they're not willing to accept that it's their problem. You don't need friend like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDCali wrote:

And it only took slow-twitch a page-and-a-half to get this.

Haha! Brilliant!

OP: ask this pseudo friend of yours how you manage to get out at the same end that you started with an odd number of lengths? That might shut him up
Quote Reply
Re: How to verify garmin data is not tampered with? [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've brought up t he swim data multiple times, but once I used it in my defense, he started to contest that it could have been tampered with, and we can't rely on it because it already has the wrong distance etc. but we do apparently have eye witnesses ( 4 ) placing me as having been passed by her.

As I've said above though, me and him in the water.... you aren't going to clearly read the text on the kit when we're submerged in choppy water in a quick moment, they didn't read what the kit said until after my pool exit and they assumed it was me based on my proximity to her when leaving the pool ( I was immediately in front of her, my doppleganger was 2 swimmers back, consistent with her claim that she passed me and then someone else. )

I put up a full table of start times, splits, swim exit times, and corroborated everyone's claims with the actual swim positions, she said she passed 3 people, timing data indicates she passed 3 people. If she also passed me, she would have had to pass 4 people.

The guy who she DID pass and had whatever altercation with, we've been in communication via email, and he has told me that I have shitty friends, and that he will email the RD that yes it was him that she passed, not me.

Even without it, it was a pretty clear cut case of misidentification in the water, but with his co-operation, it's smoking gun.

I'm innocent.

I now await an apology on this matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
indeed you need new friends... beginning to think the guy who yelled at her...probably had good reason.
Quote Reply

Prev Next