Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Should I spend my money on a bike fit?
Quote | Reply
So yet another short bike fitting clip in the hope for useful feedback.

Last year I got myself a second-hand Cervelo P3 with a good deal. Since than I mainly trained inside with it, but also went outdoors for several longer rides. This season I will be doing the first triathlons with it as well.

Until now my experience have been that I ride very comfortable on the bike and also feel like I do have a strong position where I can push my power. From an aero perspective I find it hard to determine whether my current position is anywhere close to ideal (or a good average).

But I haven't done a bike fit, yet. Still hesitant to decide whether that is necessary. Especially since I do not experience any issues with my current positions. But maybe some of you guys with a more professional look can convince me to do a bike fit after all.

To make that decision I'm looking to get feedback from you. If the consensus is that my position is completely wrong I'll probably go and do a proper bike fit.

Here is a small clip on the indoor trainer that you can comment on:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DLKH9fMZIUn9xMal2

Thanks in advance for you feedback!

(and yes, I do know that I should get that bike fit no matter what ;-) )

Blog | Instagram | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Should I spend my money on a bike fit? [mlagerwerf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mlagerwerf wrote:
So yet another short bike fitting clip in the hope for useful feedback.

Last year I got myself a second-hand Cervelo P3 with a good deal. Since than I mainly trained inside with it, but also went outdoors for several longer rides. This season I will be doing the first triathlons with it as well.

Until now my experience have been that I ride very comfortable on the bike and also feel like I do have a strong position where I can push my power. From an aero perspective I find it hard to determine whether my current position is anywhere close to ideal (or a good average).

But I haven't done a bike fit, yet. Still hesitant to decide whether that is necessary. Especially since I do not experience any issues with my current positions. But maybe some of you guys with a more professional look can convince me to do a bike fit after all.

To make that decision I'm looking to get feedback from you. If the consensus is that my position is completely wrong I'll probably go and do a proper bike fit.

Here is a small clip on the indoor trainer that you can comment on:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DLKH9fMZIUn9xMal2

Thanks in advance for you feedback!

(and yes, I do know that I should get that bike fit no matter what ;-) )

I only have 1 question.

Can you run well* in that position after doing a 2hr+/ 90min+ Brick session

If you can, then leave it alone. If you can't might be worth thinking about a fit

* As well as every AGer runs out of T2 anyway. It's all relative of course.
Last edited by: Race1: May 7, 18 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Should I spend my money on a bike fit? [mlagerwerf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny enough, I just went through my first fitting after riding my P2 for 3 years. Honestly, if you're comfortable for 5+ hours and come off the bike feeling strong, maybe you don't. That being said, after going through the process, I'm convinced it's the best bang fo rthe buck I've put into my gear ever. I didn't realize how much better positioned I could be and how I can assess my own position as I change over time now that I've gone through the process.

If you've got the cash, just do it, chances are it'll be worth it.
Quote Reply