Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP)
Quote | Reply
What part of "don't mess with the big-a$$ wild animal who can easily kill you at any time" do these idiotic selfie takers not get?

"A man was mauled to death by a wounded bear this week when he foolishly tried to take a photograph alongside the apex predator — the third wild animal-related selfie fatality in this region of India in less than a year, according to reports.

The victim, identified by local media as Prabhu Bhatara, was driving a group of people home from a wedding in an SUV when he stopped to relieve himself in a forest area in the eastern Indian state of Odisha on Wednesday evening, the Hindustan Times reported.

Bhatara then spotted an injured bear and for some reason, decided to take a selfie with the creature, according to the report. When the man approached, the bear’s fight instinct immediately kicked in."

"Bhatara’s death is Odisha’s third selfie-related fatality since December. A 50-year-old man was crushed to death by a wild elephant while trying to take a selfie with the animal in December, according to local media. Also that month, a youth was crushed to death while taking a selfie, also with an elephant, reports said."

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe they posted the video. What an idiot...lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounded like there were a lot of people around, supprised more did not try to attack the bear. To bad no one had a gun on them could have saved the man's life. Wonder if the NRA will try to move into India.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Sounded like there were a lot of people around, supprised more did not try to attack the bear. To bad no one had a gun on them could have saved the man's life. Wonder if the NRA will try to move into India.

D-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, that was a can of whoop ass. Ouch.
Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

I'm going to be honest, some idiot tries to take a selfie with a bear, I'm not going to risk my own life trying to save him. I'd be calling for help rather than videoing it, but I'm not getting within 20 feet of a pissed off bear! Maybe if I had a gun, though most untrained people are so bad at hitting a moving target in a high adrenaline situation there's a pretty good chance they'd just hit the guy not the bear. Not sure a hand gun would do more than just piss it off more anyway would it?
Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm not shooting an animal that is minding it's own business because some dumb-ass person is being a dumb-ass.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
i'm not shooting an animal that is minding it's own business because some dumb-ass person is being a dumb-ass.

Well...You sound like a ‘dumb-ass’ too then

As for the mauling . That’s a bad and gruesome way to go. The official in the article is quoted as saying the victim ‘died on the spot’ ..uhhm...no, it would appear that he spent a fairly long time fighting for his life. At one point even making it back up to his feet. Like I said.....bad bad way to go. But yeah....guess he got what was coming for being ‘dumb-ass’
Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
Madduck wrote:

As for the mauling . That’s a bad and gruesome way to go. The official in the article is quoted as saying the victim ‘died on the spot’ ..uhhm...no, it would appear that he spent a fairly long time fighting for his life. At one point even making it back up to his feet. Like I said.....bad bad way to go. But yeah....guess he got what was coming for being ‘dumb-ass’

Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
shady wrote:
Madduck wrote:

Fake:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
What part of "don't mess with the big-a$$ wild animal who can easily kill you at any time" do these idiotic selfie takers not get?

"A man was mauled to death by a wounded bear this week when he foolishly tried to take a photograph alongside the apex predator — the third wild animal-related selfie fatality in this region of India in less than a year, according to reports.

The victim, identified by local media as Prabhu Bhatara, was driving a group of people home from a wedding in an SUV when he stopped to relieve himself in a forest area in the eastern Indian state of Odisha on Wednesday evening, the Hindustan Times reported.

Bhatara then spotted an injured bear and for some reason, decided to take a selfie with the creature, according to the report. When the man approached, the bear’s fight instinct immediately kicked in."

"Bhatara’s death is Odisha’s third selfie-related fatality since December. A 50-year-old man was crushed to death by a wild elephant while trying to take a selfie with the animal in December, according to local media. Also that month, a youth was crushed to death while taking a selfie, also with an elephant, reports said."

Must be an India thing. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
A 50-year-old man was crushed to death by a wild elephant while trying to take a selfie with the animal in December, according to local media. Also that month, a youth was crushed to death while taking a selfie, also with an elephant, reports said."
Apparently being a Democrat is risky in India.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Close call at Whistler!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I learned something today. And no, it's not to never try to take a selfie with an injured bear. I already knew that.

That is a sloth bear, indigenous to India:

Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Well, I learned something today. And no, it's not to never try to take a selfie with an injured bear. I already knew that.

Looks like it could kick our a$$. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
zed707 wrote:

Awwwww it’s so cute and fluffy (:
Quote Reply
Re: This Week's Darwin Award Winner (RIP) [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
zed707 wrote:

Awwwww it’s so cute and fluffy (:

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: May 8, 18 12:22
Quote Reply