Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wildflower bike course will gargle your balls and carotid artery [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Slowman wrote:
gymrat wrote:
Thank you for that Monty.
Not sure how much I can say, since I walked the run. Yes the backside of the course was chewed up. Yes you know where the county line is based upon the road surface.
However, they have fixed the nasty potholes on the decent from the top of Nasty down to the Bee Rock. That used to be some scary shit.
I know of at least 1 crash there, I want to say either 2008 or 2010.

that is the pucker part of that course, for me. you get to the top of nasty, descend, climb a bit, and then that really fast descent, kind of blind, 50mph plus, and you swing around to the right and, oops, there's a truck pulling a boat at 25mph and you're going 50. never did like that part.

I agree with Pete, even signing up way back when I was already stressed about it, but it was manageable and the roads were good there (there were a couple settlement cracks on curves but overall pretty good). I'm a wuss descending and even at 40 mph I was getting passed by guys in full aero (!) going 50 plus. I do recall they had an ambulance stationed at the bottom the prior years I did it. That was always a nice touch

funny, I don't remember ever seeing an ambulance at the bottom. But, then again I wasn't exactly sight seeing while descending!!! Likely, they were gone by the time I got there (I was in the last non-relay wave this year, and, was there right about noon). In the old days when I raced motocross, any race couldn't start until there were 2 ambulances present (one or more would often be gone on a "run"), so waiting wasn't unheard of. Didn't think anything of it - at the time. Those were the days...

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower bike course will gargle your balls and carotid artery [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Slowman wrote:

it was a joke! jeez!

This whole thread was meant to be a joke when I started it, just a little post race humor. It's definitely been more interesting than intended.....and I'm sure happy that Lakerfan is OK and glad that he shared his experience.

Leave it to me to blow up a thread that started with humor.

I actually wasn't going to post anything about my experience because I thought it would be too controversial. I didn't want to come across as someone pointing blame at the WF Experience people. I'm sure they are all wonderful people trying to good things for our sport. I then saw this thread and thought otherwise. In the spirit of full transparency, I also didn't really understand the serious nature of my injury until I spoke with the docs the following day.

There's a lesson somewhere in there...
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower bike course will gargle your balls and carotid artery [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In other news, Jolon Road has been getting repaved in random spots... Sorry for the crap photo. I was otherwise occupied...

Hopefully they just keep on paving from Interlake to Nacimiento Lake Drive. Most of the paving is done on the descent of the hill before the long fake down-ish/flat-ish part.

Yay Wildflower. Hope it comes back for real... https://www.wildflowerexperience.com/ says it is May 1 - 3, 2020.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply

Prev Next