Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

EKG shows good heart... but
Quote | Reply
or heart skips beats or at times stops beating and I have to move around to get it to start up again, feels like when you are anaerobic in a sprint only your sitting down doing nothing. Doc says heart is fine... nothing they can do. Anybody else experience this crap? I am guess it is more stress related. Training for my 6th Ironman so I am in otherwise good shape.
Quote Reply
Re: EKG shows good heart... but [woof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woof wrote:
or heart skips beats or at times stops beating and I have to move around to get it to start up again, feels like when you are anaerobic in a sprint only your sitting down doing nothing. Doc says heart is fine... nothing they can do. Anybody else experience this crap? I am guess it is more stress related. Training for my 6th Ironman so I am in otherwise good shape.

Went through something like this last year. Don't take my advice, listen to the Dr's. However my specific story was, primary physician freaked out, cardiologist 1 didn't care, did a quick stress test, said I was fine. I was not convinced, since everytime I'd go out for a run I'd have some chest pain or skipped beats. Second opinion - cardiologist 2 got really into my case and did extensive testing. Stress test came back fine (said I was only 1 of 3 people in his 20 year career to finish the stress test), I wore a recording device for 2 weeks, and he looked over the data after the fact. Only a few of the skipped beats were worth talking about, but he said overall he wasn't concerned.

Since then, I've focused on living a less stressful life (some yoga, meditation, less caffeine). After about a month of that routine, things cleared up, and I've only had maybe 2-3x I can remember where anything remotely similar came back in the last 9 months.

Don't take my word for it, listen to your doctors. However, what worked for me was a stress reduction in my life and a reduction in my caffeine intake.

I hope it's as simple for you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
woof wrote:

As always, you should discuss this with your doctor. But, consider a second opinion from a different physician/cardiologist.

I have seen atypical symptoms of various arrhythmias-most commonly; PSVT/paf or occasionally tachycardia from a bypass tract (where the heart has an extra place to allow conduction) which are quite variable and difficult to pick up. In patients under 35, the worry is from congenital issues rather than acquired trouble from ischemic heart disease/CAD. My 22 yo son has a PSVT and his heart will just take off and go 240 beats/minute! He had brief episodes for 5 years until we finally proved it. I've also seen people with shortness of breath and anxiety which later were the exact symptoms which happen when the heart was going very fast (all by itself).

Monitors are usually the best way to detect these. 24/48 hr holter monitor, 2 or 4 week loop monitor or a newer way is to put in an ILR (implantable loop recorder) to pick them up or rule them out.

Of course, some people just FEEL anxious like their heart is skipping/racing or going fast but it's not-as proven by the monitor.

Talk to your doctor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same. I was skipping a beat, along with resting HR in 30’s which bothered IM a little. I hunted down the best CD around and did all the tests including stress. He wasn’t particularly bothered but wanted to check every couple of years.....which reminds me, I should make an appt.

My symptoms only happened at times of rest, I never noticed during exercise. I’d get a flutter which made me cough while laying in bed reading at the end of the day. It seemed to be related to something that I haven’t tracked down - I had symptoms a few weeks ago then they went away.

Don’t trust any old CD find the best around and listen to him - there are a lot of average doctors out there.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
woof wrote:

If your heart stops beating that is not right (and you won't live long) and your heart is likely not skipping a beat... what you are feeling is most likely a compensatory pause from a PVC which feels like your heart may be skipping a beat. I assume this is what your doctor said? There are a lot of abnormal rhythms in the heart beyond just sinus with PVCs and it all comes down to how often you are having them too. Fwiw, I have an occasional PVCs for many years 10+ years. I normally noticed a few in the pool after hard intervals and then the rest period as my heart rate is coming down. Sometime if my chin is tucked closed to my neck I will notice one or even two and readjust the neck. I never feel off because of them though.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply