Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What am I doing wrong? Crushing headaches while sleeping after two workouts in a day.
Quote | Reply
Firstly, I will NOT take this shit to the Tri Forum. I don't go to that place. Not gonna happen. GFYS for even considering that as your response when you clicked on this thread.

I have at least one workout a day, six days a week (mostly weight training and yoga, with some other stuff sprinkled in). I also run for 30 minutes three days a week and until recently would "brick" my workout and run in the evening. However, last week I started splitting my runs from my workouts. On those days, including Tuesday of this week and yesterday, I've run in the mornings and lifted in the evenings.

Both Tuesday night and last night (i.e., after running in the morning and lifting in the evening), I woke up multiple times, disoriented and with a splitting headache. This has never happened before, and it didn't happen when I bricked my run/workouts nor does it happen when I just lift or do something else for a solo workout.

What am I doing wrong? My diet is pretty dialed in and I'm very well hydrated. Is there some secret to recovery during the day that I'm missing? Thanks.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: What am I doing wrong? Crushing headaches while sleeping after two workouts in a day. [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like dehydration. Is it possible that because you are spitting workouts you don’t feel as thirsty and are not drinking enough fluids?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: What am I doing wrong? Crushing headaches while sleeping after two workouts in a day. [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When was the last time you had your blood pressure checked?

I had similar symptoms that but only after a really hard session or a race and turned out I had stupidly high BP (190/120) Fuck genetics
Last edited by: Andrew69: May 4, 18 14:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would not fuck with headaches. Pain is a symptom of a problem, see a doctor.

We can guess until we are blue in the face, but what you need is professional help.

Good luck and I would hold off on working out until you get this worked out.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a doc or a medical professional, but what’s your stress level like? Are you getting enough sleep? When my stress is high and sleep is light, the combination often results in splitting headaches. My contacts also bother me and give terrible headaches sometimes when I’m working out indoors more regularly, which I can only speculate may be the closed air & dust kicked up by the fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It could be that your cortisol is low. I used to wake up with a headache several times a week. It was one of the warning signs that I never paid attention to. Which led to 14 months of chronic fatigue.
Quote Reply
Re: What am I doing wrong? Crushing headaches while sleeping after two workouts in a day. [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Sounds like dehydration. Is it possible that because you are spitting workouts you don’t feel as thirsty and are not drinking enough fluids?

I've made an appointment with my GP, but I'm leaning towards dehydration due to my diminished level of fluid "output" on those two days. Further, I've got a bit of scratchy dry eye (a post-LASIK symptom I have), which only happens when I'm dehydrated. Therefore, I'm drinking more water than usual today. I'll probably have to wake up three times tonight to pee... ugh.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
JSA wrote:

I've made an appointment with my GP, but I'm leaning towards dehydration due to my diminished level of fluid "output" on those two days. Further, I've got a bit of scratchy dry eye (a post-LASIK symptom I have), which only happens when I'm dehydrated. Therefore, I'm drinking more water than usual today. I'll probably have to wake up three times tonight to pee... ugh.

Yeah, that's the bitch of it. When I drink as much water as I should, I am up at least twice, but often 3 times to pee.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's a brain tumor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your biggest problem is that you need to TAKE THIS SHIT TO THE TRI FORUM!!!!

And you need to go fuck yourself.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: What am I doing wrong? Crushing headaches while sleeping after two workouts in a day. [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Maybe it's a brain tumor.

If you're going to throw a pop up and invite the gif, then at least get the quote right.

Quote Reply