Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA + Mantis position = which aero bars?
Quote | Reply
Currently trying out a mantis type position up front and using aftermarket Zipp Vuka 110 extensions, but the stock Bayonette arm mads are too flat to use the whole pads on the arm and so it rests on the edge.

Anyone else have had any success with any specific aerobars to achieve a tilt and accommodate the arm pads at 5* to 10* ?

3toronto Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA + Mantis position = which aero bars? [CBass@3toronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have risers built for IAs that can tilt the bars and pads together in like 5/10/12 degrees

They work on the old bracket mount and I have a little cad work plus testing before they will work on the new extension brackets

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dcohen24
Last edited by: dcohen24: May 4, 18 12:58
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA + Mantis position = which aero bars? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those look great! Can you define "old" vs "new"

Do you have live pictures of them? I have an IA1 frameset. So not sure what version that requires?

3toronto Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA + Mantis position = which aero bars? [CBass@3toronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old and new:
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9597

I use 10 degrees this looks like this, here:

If you want the piece itself:

There's a spacer thats like 10mm in the front, 4-5 in the back then on the top theres a wedge that gives the bolts something flat to clamp against.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA + Mantis position = which aero bars? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! I world need the same thing for my IA2 aerobars! Where can I get these? Thanks for help!! Beatrix
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA + Mantis position = which aero bars? [Trixi55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shapeways.com and do a search on the page for dcohen and you will be redirected to the page with the angled spacers

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply