Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: somebody please explain this grand jury system to me [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: somebody please explain this grand jury system to me [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump is "looking forward" to it.

https://www.usatoday.com/...ia-probe/1063745001/

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Trump is "looking forward" to it.

https://www.usatoday.com/...ia-probe/1063745001/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome!

Quote Reply
Re: somebody please explain this grand jury system to me [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
BLeP wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
trail wrote:
len wrote:
If Donald gets before the grand jury he might commit perjury and make himself vulnerable to impeachment.

That's true. But I also don't feel that generally it's a horrendous burden to ask someone to tell the truth to a jury as a witness to an alleged crime. In secret proceedings. I've heard the term "perjury trap" start to get tossed around the past week as if the concept of legal sworn testimony is somehow tricky or unfair.

Exactly. Don’t lie and you won’t have any problems. It really is that simple. The perjury trap is a bunch of horseshit.

I wouldn't say it's that simple. Yeah, don't lie and you won't perjure yourself but that doesn't mean you won't have problems...

That's what I meant. You won't have any problems with a perjury issue. You might still have a boatload of other problems but those were problems you had regardless.

I still dont understand why people, guilty or innocent, dont just shut the fuck up at those things. Let them ask the question, write it down, and go consult with your attorney for as long as possible then go back in and plead the 5th. Easy peasy.

Ive known a few people that did this. Every time it ended with a pissed off prosecutor and not much else.

Oh and grand juries are used for fishing expeditions too. Which is why the above method was successful.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: somebody please explain this grand jury system to me [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
BLeP wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
trail wrote:
len wrote:
If Donald gets before the grand jury he might commit perjury and make himself vulnerable to impeachment.

That's true. But I also don't feel that generally it's a horrendous burden to ask someone to tell the truth to a jury as a witness to an alleged crime. In secret proceedings. I've heard the term "perjury trap" start to get tossed around the past week as if the concept of legal sworn testimony is somehow tricky or unfair.

Exactly. Don’t lie and you won’t have any problems. It really is that simple. The perjury trap is a bunch of horseshit.

I wouldn't say it's that simple. Yeah, don't lie and you won't perjure yourself but that doesn't mean you won't have problems...

That's what I meant. You won't have any problems with a perjury issue. You might still have a boatload of other problems but those were problems you had regardless.

I still dont understand why people, guilty or innocent, dont just shut the fuck up at those things. Let them ask the question, write it down, and go consult with your attorney for as long as possible then go back in and plead the 5th. Easy peasy.

Ive known a few people that did this. Every time it ended with a pissed off prosecutor and not much else.

Oh and grand juries are used for fishing expeditions too. Which is why the above method was successful.

Some people cannot help themselves. If I had a nickel for every person who has lied to me, I would be retired very comfortably. I suspect The GMAN can say the same.

Seriously, I have confronted people with picture and/or video evidence of them engaging in some improper act and they will continue to claim it wasn't them and give me some bullshit story.

Quote Reply
Re: somebody please explain this grand jury system to me [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the responses. Blep contributed some excellent gifs.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
BLeP wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
trail wrote:
len wrote:

Some people cannot help themselves. If I had a nickel for every person who has lied to me, I would be retired very comfortably. I suspect The GMAN can say the same.

Seriously, I have confronted people with picture and/or video evidence of them engaging in some improper act and they will continue to claim it wasn't them and give me some bullshit story.

I suspect people think lying is better than being preceived as guilty.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply

Prev Next