Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clickbait - To Click or not to Click?
Quote | Reply
I struggle whenever I see a clickbait headline on the main page of my local online news site. I'm so tempted to click. Do you click? What's the worse that could happen?

This Place Is Forbidden To Everyone And Extremely Protected

Man Buys Russian Tank Off eBay and Finds A Huge Surprise Inside
Quote Reply
Re: Clickbait - To Click or not to Click? [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what the worst thing that could happen is, but the realistic thing is that you're going to be disappointed by the article.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Clickbait - To Click or not to Click? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I don't know what the worst thing that could happen is, but the realistic thing is that you're going to be disappointed by the article.

That is really the part that pisses me off. I wouldn't mind clicking through your stupid 87 pages if you delivered what you promised.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Clickbait - To Click or not to Click? [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read the comments. Someone will have gone through onslaught of BS and give the Clif version.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Clickbait - To Click or not to Click? [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
I just read the comments. Someone will have gone through onslaught of BS and give the Clif version.

This site has summaries of clickbait

Reddit.com/r/savedyouaclick
Quote Reply
Re: Clickbait - To Click or not to Click? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

The worst thing that can happen is that the internet powers that be will conclude that they are effective and continue to expand their use. The next worst thing will be the magic internet algorithms will decide they are what you like and feed you more and more of them.

I avoid them as much as possible, but still get sucked in at times.
Quote Reply