Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
jwbeuk wrote:
The problem, Colbert isn't funny either. In fact, I'm not sure there are any truly funny comedian's who are famous any longer. Those who have the stage today are angry and obnoxious. They feed a Left wing base who hate everything.

Anger is not funny, the WHCD is no longer a roast. It is a place for a crazy leftist comedians to play to a very left leaning media audience. It simply promotes more hate for those who may not think in lock step with them. Why any Republican or Conservative would attend is beyond me. Before they sent in their RSVP, they knew what it was going to be. Stay home, let the crazies have their night. No one else really cares.

Awwwww... Bitch, you need a tissue?

An intelligent response from a fool, got it. FYI, you made my point as to the rhetoric coming from the crazy angry people out there.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  Now that's how you roast a politican. : ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJtuEyvj_s
Quote Reply
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NormM wrote:
Now that's how you roast a politican. : ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJtuEyvj_s

I loved the last bit of that roast - "You never heard broads claiming that Hubert Humphrey did anything bad. I ought to know because I paid them all off".
Quote Reply
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You sound like one of those guys that would defend chicken and watermelon jokes as being funny and they just don't "get it". "

And you sound like you are dodging.

I will make it very clear. Making fun of a woman, in and of itself, is not sexist. WHAT was sexist about it? Where in there was the female version of a chicken and watermelon joke?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan Os Fan wrote:
George Carlin was the last good political comedian. Now it is just anger and hatred.

I suspect Carlin would have been firmly on the side of the satirical comedian, and not on the side of the billionaire politician. Except wanting to work on her delivery.

Imagine poor jwbeuk if Carlin had dropped this at the WHCD:

Quote:
Once you leave the womb, conservatives don’t care about you until you reach military age. Then you’re just what they’re looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

Carlin was all anger and hatred. But I don't know why "anger and hatred" is considered a pejorative. There's nothing more American and good than viciously holding elites and the powerful to account. It's who we are.

Last edited by: trail: May 2, 18 19:32
Quote Reply
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
jwbeuk wrote:
The problem, Colbert isn't funny either. In fact, I'm not sure there are any truly funny comedian's who are famous any longer. Those who have the stage today are angry and obnoxious. They feed a Left wing base who hate everything.

Anger is not funny, the WHCD is no longer a roast. It is a place for a crazy leftist comedians to play to a very left leaning media audience. It simply promotes more hate for those who may not think in lock step with them. Why any Republican or Conservative would attend is beyond me. Before they sent in their RSVP, they knew what it was going to be. Stay home, let the crazies have their night. No one else really cares.

Awwwww... Bitch, you need a tissue?

An intelligent response from a fool, got it. FYI, you made my point as to the rhetoric coming from the crazy angry people out there.

The character you play on here is devoid of humor. So pardon me if I don't come to you as the standard for what is and is not funny. I suspect that in your regular life you are much more pleasant.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan Os Fan wrote:
One thing that she nailed 100% was that Trump is good for the media, on both sides. I think most in LR can agree on that.

That is why they got him elected.

Mean, crass and unfunny is no way to make a career in comedy.

yeah there is no such thing as an insult comic.

Though I am not sure insult comedy is the right play for the WHCD.

That said the inevitability of the WHCD was that it became too sycophantic or too partisan. And it only works if the President is there.
Quote Reply
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
"I think the Left would have been equally as enraged."

Give us an example of a joke that could have been told about Obama and how the left would get enraged over it.

I thought about this after posting and nothing controversial comes to mind about Obama that would be in bad taste (other than a blatant racist joke that should enrage both sides). But, during the years that Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State, what if a right-wing comedian did a bit on her enabling a sexual predator or accused her of rape by association. That material would go into the gutter quickly and I would bet that the Left would not take it lightly.
Quote Reply
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
BarryP wrote:

Give us an example of a joke that could have been told about Obama and how the left would get enraged over it.

I thought about this after posting and nothing controversial comes to mind about Obama that would be in bad taste (other than a blatant racist joke that should enrage both sides). But, during the years that Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State, what if a right-wing comedian did a bit on her enabling a sexual predator or accused her of rape by association. That material would go into the gutter quickly and I would bet that the Left would not take it lightly.

So you are saying the Right is stupid because they missed the opportunity. At least MW took advantage of her time to go after those that need to be gone after.

Sanders lies and enables a corrupt cheeto every day and deserves to be called out for enabling the turd-in-chief.

She had some absolutely brilliant lines in her set. And her delivery seemed worse than it was because the audience was less than happy with the performance.

She delivered painful truth to Sanders and the press. And now the pussies on the right are butthurt? Bwahahahahahahhahahah.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Apollo71 wrote:
BarryP wrote:

So you are saying the Right is stupid because they missed the opportunity.

No, I'm saying that the Left may be a bit hypocritical with their indignation that anyone could possibly be offended by a comedian.

Reverse the situation and no doubt that CNN and MSNBC would spend the same amount of energy criticizing the Right with how inappropriate it was.

At the end of the day I thought it was all well deserved, but at that venue she may have been a wee bit offside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obama years the hosts.were.pretty vanilla. Kimmel and Leno weren't li ghost lighting anyone up.

Imus in 96 was most over the top. Don't remember the aftermath of that.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: WHCD with Michelle Wolf [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Obama years the hosts.were.pretty vanilla.

Obama also didn't go out of his way to personally attack people he had a beef with with the way Trump does. Trump is the one who helped set the tone for MW's monologue, and for many months now we've heard that his directness and non-PC approach is just one reason he's so loved, which makes this week's butthurtedness from his supporters in response to a direct, non-PC roast so amusing.

If it wasn't glaringly obvious already, Trump loves to dish it out but has a lot to learn about taking it in return.
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: May 3, 18 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a Hillary fan, but i will somewhat agree with you. With two exceptions:

The attacks from the left would be more fringe versus the indignation and complete 180 that much of the right has done with regard to vulgarity (all of the sudden they are PC snowflakes?).

The attacks from the left would be consistent. The people who would be pissed off at attacks on Hillary aren't the same people who are critical of the right's fake outrage now. There are many on the left who erroneously think that any joke about any woman is sexism, but those tend to be to the left of Madow, and I don't believe they are the one's calling out the hypocrisy right now.

Side note: one friend commented "The left lost the moral high ground." I didn't realize the left got their marching orders from Michelle Wolf.

My 2 cents. I could be wrong.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply

Prev Next