Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Richmond CAMTRI ITU Sprint
Quote | Reply
The startlists are up for one of only two ITU races in 2018 on US soil, and it looks like it will be a showcase for a lot of young North American talent with the Bermuda and Yokohama WTS races so close.

Men: https://www.triathlon.org/..._american_cup/322211
Women: https://www.triathlon.org/..._american_cup/322212

It should be a fun day on Sunday with a full lineup of events, and I'm planning on driving down early Sunday morning from the DC area to cheer for some friends if anyone wants to carpool.

The Gram: @agyenis
My latest story on Swimswam: More than a title
Quote Reply
Re: Richmond CAMTRI ITU Sprint [agyenis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be a good race.
Jason West is racing for the third weekend in a row. 1st @ Surf City, 2nd @ St. Anthony's. He's running really well. If he makes that front group, I think he'll be up there.

Women's race has a two very fast runners, but they will have to stay close enough on the swim/bike to have a shot.
Wish I could make it. Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: Richmond CAMTRI ITU Sprint [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you were right, West was the class of the field today. Pretty pedestrian swim/bike today, and West took off after T2 and no one could go with him. I watched the race with Eli Hemming; bummed he couldn't race today but he is gearing up for Yokohama and the beginning of the Olympic point cycle.

The Gram: @agyenis
My latest story on Swimswam: More than a title
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today, Richmond served as the pro debut for one of my athletes; Duncan Reid. We've been working together since he was racing Youth Elite. He went to Oberlin as a runner and switched to the swim team last fall. His first true commitment to swimming- ever! Every other weekend they had a meet - he'd have a 500pr in the qualifier and then another 500pr in the final. It went on like that for nearly 8 weeks. It was super fun for both of us. He came out of the water dangling off the second group today and settled back to the third after the first 5k of the bike. He's at place now where he can handle ~30,000yds a week and now, finally come back to up his volume in his roots of bike and run.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Richmond CAMTRI ITU Sprint [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Today, Richmond served as the pro debut for one of my athletes; Duncan Reid. We've been working together since he was racing Youth Elite. He went to Oberlin as a runner and switched to the swim team last fall. His first true commitment to swimming- ever! Every other weekend they had a meet - he'd have a 500pr in the qualifier and then another 500pr in the final. It went on like that for nearly 8 weeks. It was super fun for both of us. He came out of the water dangling off the second group today and settled back to the third after the first 5k of the bike. He's at place now where he can handle ~30,000yds a week and now, finally come back to up his volume in his roots of bike and run. Ian

What was 500 PR at beginning of the swim swim season and what is his 500 PR now??? I'm going guess he maybe dropped 50 sec, from 6:00-ish to 5:10-ish. Am i close???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Richmond CAMTRI ITU Sprint [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're almost dead on - down to 5:08

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Richmond CAMTRI ITU Sprint [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
You're almost dead on - down to 5:08

Ah great!!! And was he 6:00-ish at the start???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agyenis wrote:
Well you were right, West was the class of the field today. Pretty pedestrian swim/bike today, and West took off after T2 and no one could go with him. I watched the race with Eli Hemming; bummed he couldn't race today but he is gearing up for Yokohama and the beginning of the Olympic point cycle.

I still don't understand why West isn't getting more chances in bigger races.
Quote Reply
Re: Richmond CAMTRI ITU Sprint [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently he's the seventh ranked US guy. (Tony S. is right behind him)
I'm not sure how many spots the US gets for Men in a WTS. But the max is 6 if it's a good country.

He certainly has the talent to make it stick in a World Cup or maybe get a top 10/15 in a WTS. He runs well!

I talked to him briefly at Surf City and he mentioned that he was going to do more DL in the middle of the year. So maybe he'll be getting those starts soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Richmond CAMTRI ITU Sprint [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats good to hear.

I watched him race Philly Escape last year (It was turned into a Du: R/B/R). I remember him outrunning Dye and Knute to T1, getting beat on the bike to T2 (no surprise), and running them down for the win. The dude can DEF run. It looks like his bike has improved and so has the swim.

When I think about the olympics we need men that can run...McElroy and West can certainly do that.
Quote Reply