Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Texas: Difference between pro women sendoff and first AG men's wave?
Quote | Reply
anybody know how the waves went? male pro, then x number (5min?) female pro, then how long til the first male AG wave? and, what was that wave? what AG? and so forth? minutes between waves?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas: Difference between pro women sendoff and first AG men's wave? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC, Mens Pro went off at 6:25. Womens Pro went off at 6:30. Rolling AG started at 6:40.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas: Difference between pro women sendoff and first AG men's wave? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No AG wave. Just a rolling start. I was there watching... it was quite some time, but I'll have to go back and check. 10-15 minutes I think.

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas: Difference between pro women sendoff and first AG men's wave? [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
c.mont.811 wrote:
IIRC, Mens Pro went off at 6:25. Womens Pro went off at 6:30. Rolling AG started at 6:40.

This is correct. 10 minute gap between the Pro Women, and the AG rolling start.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas: Difference between pro women sendoff and first AG men's wave? [tjfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx.

so, i hate to bring this up but i wasn't there so i'd like to get a sense of it. when i see the women's pro times, there are a fair number of swim/bike times that equal, or are close to equal. did them scoop themselves up? legally? as the pro men do. or did they get swept up into male AG packs, slowest swimmer first?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
thx.

so, i hate to bring this up but i wasn't there so i'd like to get a sense of it. when i see the women's pro times, there are a fair number of swim/bike times that equal, or are close to equal. did them scoop themselves up? legally? as the pro men do. or did they get swept up into male AG packs, slowest swimmer first?

no - many of them got swallowed up in the drama. I passed quite a lot of them in the first 20 miles (I swam 57, so was only about 10 mins behind most of them out onto the bike). I passed maybe 5 women quite early on, and then my first small 20-man peleton just before the toll road, so I think most of them except for Lauren Brandon would have had to deal with a lot of idiotic men.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
thx.

There were two pro women in the peleton I was riding legally behind. One of them finished 3rd.
Quote Reply