Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pepto Bismol????
Quote | Reply
Has anyone that has GI issues on the run tried taking Pepto when they started the run? Or maybe keeping a few tablets on you for wen it hits? Just curious, I have had a few issues probably related to my nutrition plan (which I still feel I have not figured out) on the run during half and full distance and thought that this may help.
Quote Reply
Re: Pepto Bismol???? [dwgrenle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried a couple things and had success with both.

1) There are small pouches that have an anti nausea med in them. Over the counter https://www.amazon.com/...5-Pack/dp/B006L6YBMU

2) I had a prescription for the drug Zofran. I am not a doctor by any means but I used it under their advice and it worked like a charm for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best option is to find what nutrition works for you, rather than to fix GI issues when they occur.

I have had GI issues only when grabbing coke. I made that mistake once. Plain water, Gatorade, and gels, that works well. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Re: Pepto Bismol???? [jimmyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take it before every race and carry it too. Never needed it after taking the first dose in the morning. Also take Tagamet too before hand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have used the tablets once on a run in a 70.3. Back when I used to use Nuun as part of my bike nutrition, I got real bloated feeling on the bike and had a miserable first half of a run at the Boise 70.3. Pepto tablets helped a great deal (yay-- negative split!). (and while I like Nuun, the artificial sweeteners in it and being aero on the bike don't mix well for me)
Quote Reply