Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

looking for aerobar recommendations
Quote | Reply
I'm having a TT bike built for long distance courses. Need recommendations for the cockpit. Which aero bars should I consider for a bike I need to hold onto for 112 miles? Using a Cervelo P3 2017 frame.
Quote Reply
Re: looking for aerobar recommendations [CauseIcan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I was in the market right now I’d look at Tririg Alpha One, Profile Design Aeria Ultimate, Tririg Alpha X, or go the budget route Profile Design Svet carbon (ebay) and Zipp Vuka Alumina Evo and a set of F-35tt armrests and some clamps.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto the Alpha X recommendation. Now that it comes with the ergo cups and tilt kit for $750, it is actually an incredible value for the performance. There are other bars less expensive, but not with that level of fit flexibility and performance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Zipp Vuka Aero and the Zipp SL Sprint stem

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Budget?

Do you have your position dialed, and if so what is it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what your budget is but I just got an Alpha X installed on my Shiv and my goodness what a bar. I know it’s expensive. I debated for like 2 years before buying it. But in my opinion there isn’t a better front end on the market. Basically it made me have no desire for an integrated “super bike”. I’d rather have a frame with Standard interfaces (Shiv, P3, etc) with the Tririg treatment (bars, brakes) than a super bike with lots of integration as I do my own wrenching.
Quote Reply
Re: looking for aerobar recommendations [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a professional bike fit on my P2 years ago and haven't touched it since. I'm comfortable and can stay aero for hours but I don't know about the settings to answer that question. I will have to seek help with the setup once the bike is built.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wondering:
How much are you willing to spend?
Do you need low-stack bars?
Are you planning to adjust and test your position for speed gains?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Per @rruff's comment, you definitely need to add a bunch of detail, because that greatly affect the choices, such as:
  1. Do you need tilt?
  2. Do you need under-mount extensions?
  3. Do you need an integrated option (stem & base bar) or just a base bar?
  4. How much reach do you need (from steerer tube to pad)?
  5. How much stack do you need?
  6. Is hiding electronic shift bids a priority?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how does it handle? any issues riding the bar when you have to come out of the extensions?
Quote Reply