Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New to all this. Need advice on how Wet suit shorts should fit
Quote | Reply
Here is the situation the swimming coach at our local Multisport club suggested that I get some buoyancy shorts to help with my confidence ( long story). So I purchased a set or ROKA sim shorts that arrived today. Now our last organized swim was last week and I won’t see him until next week he is out of town. I thought that maybe someone here could help me out as I’m planning on swimming tomorrow and would like to try these out. Question is how should they fit. I can get them on but the are skin tight. Yes I can breathe and move but it is a struggle to pull them up. Is this normal or should I go a size bigger. I went off ROKA sizing chart and bought what they recommended. Any advice would be nice.
Quote Reply
Re: New to all this. Need advice on how Wet suit shorts should fit [jcmanser21009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like wetsuits, the fit will/can vary from brand to brand or even between different models. I had a similar issue with the Roka fit and moved to another brand(s).
Last edited by: Billyk24: Apr 28, 18 17:24
Quote Reply
Re: New to all this. Need advice on how Wet suit shorts should fit [jcmanser21009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine are snug ... as they should be. They loosen up a bit when you get in the water. I’m 163-4 lbs/31-2 inch waist and wear a medium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the way mine fit as well. It never really bothered me though. I have found that I have to tie the drawstring pretty tight so I don't scoop water while doing a flip turn. It never dawned on me they may be too tight. I'll stick with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Roka size guide is usually very accurate. I bought my wetsuit and sim short using the guide and they are just right. The wetsuit is a chore to get on but the sim shorts while plenty tight are not a struggle to get on. If you are really struggling you should think about a larger size.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey!

ROKA here. It sounds like you've got the right size - the SIM shorts are designed with compression in mind and should feel very snug when you first put them on. Rest assured they'll loosen up and feel a bit more natural and comfortable once you start swimming. Feel free to try them out, and if you're convinced that you need to size up, we'll take them back within 30 days (yes, you can swim in them first!)

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

ROKA CX

ROKA Customer Experience | support@roka.com | 877-985-7652 M-F 7:30a-8p S 9a-5p CST
Quote Reply
Re: New to all this. Need advice on how Wet suit shorts should fit [ROKA_CX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swam in them last night think they will work will get a couple more swims in this week.should know by then. Thanks
Quote Reply