Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Movie Review: Avengers - Infinity War [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
MY wife is pretty certain when Strange was using the Time Stone to find a way to beat Thanos, he simply created an alternate universe where all those disintegrated went to. However, that doesn't account for Loki and Gamora who died by means other than Thanos' finger snap.

I’m with your wife. I don’t think this is the first time Thanos has done this. Hence the scene with toddler Gamora asking him was it worth it. I think it has happened when she was actually that young at some point in an alternate universe.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Avengers - Infinity War [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
mck414 wrote:
MY wife is pretty certain when Strange was using the Time Stone to find a way to beat Thanos, he simply created an alternate universe where all those disintegrated went to. However, that doesn't account for Loki and Gamora who died by means other than Thanos' finger snap.

I’m with your wife. I don’t think this is the first time Thanos has done this. Hence the scene with toddler Gamora asking him was it worth it. I think it has happened when she was actually that young at some point in an alternate universe.

That scene with Thanos and toddler Gamora actually took place in the Soul Stone (http://www.digitalspy.com/...ne-theory-confirmed/), which has the ability to create pocket universes. So yes, I think instead of dying, those that disappeared went to another universe.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Avengers - Infinity War [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
mck414 wrote:

That scene with Thanos and toddler Gamora actually took place in the Soul Stone (http://www.digitalspy.com/...ne-theory-confirmed/), which has the ability to create pocket universes. So yes, I think instead of dying, those that disappeared went to another universe.

Well, it can either contain pocket universes, or it can contain the soul of the person sacrificed for its possession (Gamora).
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Avengers - Infinity War [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
mck414 wrote:

Well, it can either contain pocket universes, or it can contain the soul of the person sacrificed for its possession (Gamora).

Or both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally got to see this over Memorial Day weekend. That was everything I hoped Infinity War would be. Love my wife's reaction at the end: WTH, not cool. Me: There's a Part 2. Her: You should have told me that before the movie started.

One area better than the comics: The almost sympathetic feelings you get for Thanos. I had thought with the introduction of Hela in Raganrok they were going to introduce the Lady Death part of the storyline, but this was just as good if not better.

One area that could have been more like the comics: More of the Avengers killed like in the comics. The Infinity Gauntlet had so many cool deaths, Cloak, Cap., Wolverine(not fully dead), War Machine, IronMan etc.

Spoiler:

If they are going to bring everyone back, i hope they let the person who did it in the comics, do it in a similar fashion in the movie.
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Avengers - Infinity War [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so how many original Avengers survived? All of them. How many are there? 6. How many may have their contracts up? Depending on what you read, maybe all of them are done. How many Infinity Stones are there? 6. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. It took all of the Guardians (sans Groot) to wield the Power Stone. Maybe all 6 original Avengers together can wield the Gauntlet. Together they sacrifice themselves to restore the universe and then destroy (or take and hide) the Stones.

But I am with you, I hope the character in the comics has a major say in the outcome. I hope they don't use Carol Danvers instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember the Russo Brothers saying that they didn't want to retell a story that's already been told, so I guess the second film will depart from the comic story line significantly.

I also wondered whether Hela would fill the role of Lady Death, and whether Loki would cover the role that Mephisto played in the comics. Different story though...
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Avengers - Infinity War [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
When the Guardians + Ironman + Strange had Thanos pretty much subdued on Titan, why did they waste efforts try to get the glove off? Just chop off his fucking arm, TOTALLY!!!

Thor had the magic axe and went for the kill, why didn't he chop off the fucking arm FIRST? Or, like Thanos said, "Should've gone for the head"

Finally saw it. Having read most of this thread I knew what Thanos was going to win and what he was going to do. Ruined it for me. By the end I was on the side of Thanos because he was the only competent character who did not do stupid things. I was pissed off at the end that any of the idiot avengers got to survive.

Tony Stark was supposed to be a smart guy? He takes one of the infinity stones to Thanos. Idiot. Hate that he survived.

Vision: Half the population in the world is going to be vaporized. Nobody can stop Thanos so he is going to pull that damn stone out of your head. Don't ask Scarlett Witch to kill you. She won't do it till it is too late. Pull it out of your head and let her vaporize it. You two are in love, so I'll give both of you a pass.

Gamora: Your lie didn't work, so you just go ahead and just lead Thanos to the stone. You asked the idiot boy friend to kill you, but you can't lead Thanos on a wild goose chase and just kill yourself at some point?

Quill, your plan to subdue Thanos has almost worked. Passing on the easy opportunity to cut off his arm, the gauntlet is almost removed and now you are going to slap some sense into Thanos and wake him up. Nice. Well you were always stupid, so I'll give you a pass.

Well, good thing we had some humor on the way to half of population of the universe being exterminated. Now we see what was Joseph Goebbels' failing: genocide needs some humor along the way.

Three stones needed by the bad guy are in possession/control of the good guys. Good guys take bad guy to one stone and take another to the bad guy. The last stone is taken to valiant people who are exterminated trying to protect good guys who are too weak to do what needs to be done to save half humanity.

I can root for a bumbling hero, e.g. Inspector Clouseau, if the hero wins. Avengers were fun entertainment when they won. Now they are playing the role of James Bond villains, making it easy for the other side. Thanos is only sympathetic because he has some admirable characteristics unlike the idiot avengers.

Goes to show that decent action, effects, a few good characters (Thor, Black Panther, Spider Boy), and a serious sad ending can cover up for a stupid story that makes a mass killer seem a sympathetic character.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Avengers - Infinity War [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goes to show that decent action, effects, a few good characters (Thor, Black Panther, Spider Boy), and a serious sad ending can cover up for a stupid story that makes a mass killer seem a sympathetic character.

You do remember this is basically just a big screen comic book, right? Of course the story is stupid.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next