Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by windschatten
Re: Children Are as Fit as Endurance Athletes.... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vindication!!!! It's not me getting old, they are just more fit!
Quote Reply
Re: Children Are as Fit as Endurance Athletes.... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy to recover quickly when you can't go that deep into the pain cave in the first place.

As for focusing training differently in children, it's also important to recognize that not only are they less capable at generating energy anaerobically, they also are less responsive than adolescents or adults to resistance exercise training.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Apr 27, 18 18:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if this is an evolutionary thing. Kids have to keep up with adults fleeing from predators/enemies, so kids have to use a higher aerobic amount relative to body size to keep up with adults since they would have less ability to apply force with fast twitch muscle fiber relative to adults!
Quote Reply
Re: Children Are as Fit as Endurance Athletes.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can remember swimming as a kid. I could trash myself every day in training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
"Many parents ask about the best way to develop their child's athletic potential.

The problem is not the child's athletic potential. The problem is that the child has parents that are asking this question.
Quote Reply
Re: Children Are as Fit as Endurance Athletes.... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I wonder if this is an evolutionary thing. Kids have to keep up with adults fleeing from predators/enemies, so kids have to use a higher aerobic amount relative to body size to keep up with adults since they would have less ability to apply force with fast twitch muscle fiber relative to adults!

I think it probably mostly has to do with the relatively small amount of muscle they have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or instead of trying to force them to do technique and whatnot we could just let them play?
Quote Reply