Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stockholm Training
Quote | Reply
Going for a wedding in Stockholm and looking for road biking recommendations. Will be there for 5 days. Distances can be anywhere from 40-100 miles and if you know groups that are friendly to outsiders that'd be awesome. I see some parks so figured I can get some runs in around there and swims in gyms but any recommendations welcome.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Stockholm Training [carosemena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where will you be staying?

Most triathletes in Stockholm do their long bike rides on Ekerö. Warm up on the bike paths from the city out to Drottningholm, then the biking is good on the island of Ekerö. Not really a problem getting lost there as its out and back or loops obvious when looking at a map.

There is a cool ride called Tour de Stockholm, I believe you can find the gps track if you google it. Roughly 120 km and takes you around the whole stockholm and parts of the archipelago. Includes 2 short (free) ferry rides.

For intervals bike around Gärdet / kaknästornet. Short 5 km loop with limited traffic very close to city center that is popular for this.
Quote Reply
Re: Stockholm Training [swedester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response and detailed suggesitons.

The wedding is in Uriksdal - I've been told to try and be close to subway if I can. Looking at Solna and Sundbyberg but open to suggestions. Ekero sounds like more my speed if it's low traffic.

Any recommendations for bike rentals? Or any tri/cycling groups I should look at?
Quote Reply