Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who here owns and uses a "Zerorunner?" Just curious
Quote | Reply
Anyone here own and use a "Zerorunner" by Octane fitness?

I'm curious - right now I'm still able to run on roads and treadmills but I've got some advancing MRI-confirmed ankle arthritis that will definitely limit me at some point as I age up further and I'm starting to feel the actual areas of cartilage damage in my ankles when I'm upping run mileage.

This thing looked like a possible way to add more run miles without the pounding. Just curious if anyone's using one right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here owns and uses a "Zerorunner?" Just curious [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't use one regularly, but I have when I've been coming back from an injury. I've never been a big treadmill runner & I don't care for elliptical machines. Running on a ZeroRunner is much better than an elliptical machine. I would definitely give it a try if & when you can't take the pounding of the road any longer. I like having the feedback of what your left & right leg are doing & trying to even out your stride. My wife has had a knee replaced & her back is not in great shape, so the only running she can do is on the ZeroRunner. It would be nice to own one, but they're expensive. A YMCA near our house has 2 of them.
Quote Reply
Re: Who here owns and uses a "Zerorunner?" Just curious [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A buddy of mine has one and uses it fairly often. I will see if he has an account here and will come on and talk about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one and have used it periodically over the past few years. It's definitely an improvement over a traditional elliptical. I've found it useful as a way to add some lower-risk miles during periods of building and maintaining higher volume. It's also been OK for holding on to a decent level of fitness during short periods where I've had minor injuries and can't run (1-3 weeks).

During a couple of longer injury recovery periods, I've found that run fitness falls off substantially. It's hard to quantify, and my expectations may have been too high, but I was hoping I'd come back quicker with regular use of the zero runner.

Overall, I don't regret the purchase, but it's not quite the magic bullet I'd hoped for.
Quote Reply