Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 1967 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
eb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
My son wanted to watch highlights of the Leafs winning the Cup in 67 the other day so I found it on you tube. About a 10 minute game video.

My only thought was, holy shit they were terrible.

Any team in the NHL today would destroy either of those teams.

Yeah, but you have to take into consideration how much the equipment has changed.

Today's skates and sticks are worlds apart from what they were 50 years ago.

I understand that. Give them the new equipment, they would still get smoked.

It was the way they played that was archaic. And goalies from back then were just shit.

Of course they played archaically. It was 50 years ago. You don't think Gordie Howe could learn the new systems?

As far as goalies, come on - that era was pre-butterfly. You don't think Gump Worsley could've learned the butterfly?

Get off my lawn!

That's my point you fuckwit. They don't get to learn butterfly, the players don't get to learn the new systems.

Take that team as is and they would get killed.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 1967 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
eb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
eb wrote:
BLeP wrote:
My son wanted to watch highlights of the Leafs winning the Cup in 67 the other day so I found it on you tube. About a 10 minute game video.

My only thought was, holy shit they were terrible.

Any team in the NHL today would destroy either of those teams.

Yeah, but you have to take into consideration how much the equipment has changed.

Today's skates and sticks are worlds apart from what they were 50 years ago.

I understand that. Give them the new equipment, they would still get smoked.

It was the way they played that was archaic. And goalies from back then were just shit.

Of course they played archaically. It was 50 years ago. You don't think Gordie Howe could learn the new systems?

As far as goalies, come on - that era was pre-butterfly. You don't think Gump Worsley could've learned the butterfly?

Get off my lawn!

That's my point you fuckwit. They don't get to learn butterfly, the players don't get to learn the new systems.

Take that team as is and they would get killed.

Yawn. If that's your point, it's not much of a point. It's not fair to say "holy shit they were terrible". This is the LR and we strive for fairness.
Quote Reply

Prev Next