Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Installing a Di2 climb shifters on TT bike ?
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm riding a Cervelo P2 with Ultegra di2 control from the aerobar, and a 5 port junction box under the stem. I wanted to add Di2 control from the handlebar, as I'm living in a rather hilly place (SF). The expensive option is to replace the brake lever with Di2 enabled break levers (ST-6871) - a $300 upgrade more or less...
I saw there's also a "climbing Di2 shifters" (swr600) for ~60$. Although they are originally targeted for road bikes, I was wondering if anyone tried to install these on a TT bike near the break lever itself. Not sure the supplied cable is long enough for that purpose...
Thanks !
Quote Reply
Re: Installing a Di2 climb shifters on TT bike ? [Hornela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the climbing shifter on my road bike for several years. The cable is probably too short to be used on the base bar near the brake levers, but you could get most of the way there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done it. I connected it to a SM-JC41 placed in the extension as described in the below article on tririg. Bar was the old pro missile and for this bar the cable was long enough.
http://www.tririg.com/...no_Di2_Custom_Wiring
Quote Reply
Re: Installing a Di2 climb shifters on TT bike ? [MF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot - will try
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the SW600 need to be installed into a Brifter and are not compatible otherwise. The new R9150? Climbing shifters, however, are functional in this manner. You should be able to find them for $150 new if you dig around.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing a Di2 climb shifters on TT bike ? [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its the sprint shifters that have a dedicated port on the drifters. The dedicated claimbing switch will work fine but you'll need a junction b to extend the cable.

Why not get the new climbing switches mounting one by each brake lever? This is my planned upgrade, along with the new bar-end junction A
Quote Reply