Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL Draft 2018
Quote | Reply
Round 1 starts tomorrow. I don't know about you, but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what happens.

Browns pick #1 & #4 - its a tall order to screw that up but I'm counting on them to call out Ryan Leaf's name with their first pick and with the fourth they will take a broken tackling dummy found behind Foxboro stadium.
Giants Pick #2 - do they get an Eli replacement, the most electrifying RB prospect in years, trade down, or something else?
The New Jersey Jets sold their future for the #3 Pick. It'll be a QB. Which one? (hint: it'll be the wrong one no matter who they pick)

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft 2018 [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Round 1 starts tomorrow. I don't know about you, but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what happens.

Browns pick #1 & #4 - its a tall order to screw that up but I'm counting on them to call out Ryan Leaf's name with their first pick and with the fourth they will take a broken tackling dummy found behind Foxboro stadium.
Giants Pick #2 - do they get an Eli replacement, the most electrifying RB prospect in years, trade down, or something else?
The New Jersey Jets sold their future for the #3 Pick. It'll be a QB. Which one? (hint: it'll be the wrong one no matter who they pick)
I'm really, really hoping the Browns don't F this up, I'm no fan of the team but honestly, those fans need something to work for them.

What I'm most interested in is which of the 4 high-profile QBs becomes a superstar, and which totally flames out? There should be at least one in each column, and fan bases of the teams that got those two are going to be at entirely different ends of the spectrum in a few years. QB's are that important, the team that got the star will be a playoff/SB contender, the team that got Ryan Leaf will still be picking top-5.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft 2018 [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my take on 'the top 6' QBs:

Sam Darnold: His college performance is similar to the US Navy's Grumman F-111B: generates tons of excitement, responsible for tons of interceptions and occasionally has a crash and burn.
Josh Rosen: Smart. Easily concussed. Son of wealthy surgeon. He'll be out of the league in 3 years to protect his brain.
Baker Mayfield: A sober Johnny Football.
Josh Allen: Looks like what a QB should look like in the movies. Huge arm. Good personality. Can't play football. In five years he will be voted the #1 Real Estate rep. in Bozeman, Wy.
Lamar Jackson: With a 13 Wonderlic score and self representation he may be the new Vince Young.
Mason Rudolph: may actually be the most successful of the bunch - might develop into a potential Christian Ponder...

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Here is my take on 'the top 6' QBs:

Sam Darnold: His college performance is similar to the US Navy's Grumman F-111B: generates tons of excitement, responsible for tons of interceptions and occasionally has a crash and burn.
Josh Rosen: Smart. Easily concussed. Son of wealthy surgeon. He'll be out of the league in 3 years to protect his brain.
Baker Mayfield: A sober Johnny Football.
Josh Allen: Looks like what a QB should look like in the movies. Huge arm. Good personality. Can't play football. In five years he will be voted the #1 Real Estate rep. in Bozeman, Wy.
Lamar Jackson: With a 13 Wonderlic score and self representation he may be the new Vince Young.
Mason Rudolph: may actually be the most successful of the bunch - might develop into a potential Christian Ponder...

I'm confused about the last portion. Would anyone want to develop into Christian Ponder? Outside of marrying a hottie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always watch the first round then read about the rest. I don't expect my Lions to compete against the Vikings and Packers this year so I've got little to get excited about.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe QB's will go 1-3. If the Browns trade their 4th pick it could get interesting for Denver at 5. I'm really hoping the Broncos can get Bradley Chubb at #5. I'm going to be pissed if they draft Josh Allen. I really don't think he can play. His accuracy is 10% points less than Tim Tebow. He doesn't anticipate and throws late off this back foot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here’s hoping the Broncos can find a team desperate for a QB that are willing to trade a boatload of picks for the number 5 pick.

Looking at you Arizona and Buffalo.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft 2018 [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I believe QB's will go 1-3. If the Browns trade their 4th pick it could get interesting for Denver at 5. I'm really hoping the Broncos can get Bradley Chubb at #5. I'm going to be pissed if they draft Josh Allen. I really don't think he can play. His accuracy is 10% points less than Tim Tebow. He doesn't anticipate and throws late off this back foot.

davec wrote:
Here’s hoping the Broncos can find a team desperate for a QB that are willing to trade a boatload of picks for the number 5 pick.

Looking at you Arizona and Buffalo.

I am good with both of these scenarios.

I would like Darnold or Rosen but doubt they make it passed the Jets

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply