Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone play Fortnite? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I just tried Fortnite to see what the fuss was about. Played three games. Meh.

I had no clue what I was doing. Just running around and eventually getting killed or killing my self by accident.

Just deleted it.

This is for the best.

I've played countless hours and I'm mediocre at best. My son has gotten pretty good, he can at least give the really good players a run for their money, whereas I'm just mincemeat to them.

The speed at which some players can build, switch weapons, shoot, etc. is just amazing. They do it so fast it just doesn't seem possible.

The really fast builders are on a PC with a keyboard, though there are some impressive iOS builders out there too.

I had my best game recently with 9 kills, (playing without my teammate in a duos game.) About 4 or 5 solo victories and many squad wins with my girls who are pretty good (better than me).

It's an impressive game all things considered.

I only play Xbox so I think everyone I play is also on an Xbox?

My best kills is 5 I think. Although I've won a few games as I play tactically smart to make up for a lack of skills. I've realized you're mostly playing kids that are just running around trying to get kills, so if you can gain a quite an advantage by playing smart. Being good would be better, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. My building sucks and I can't shoot worth a damn :)

I won a solo game once with no kills, last opponent standing died in the storm :)

Yes, you'll be playing against xboxes too, which is tough. I play on an ipad so only vs iOS players.

Definitely agree re tactical play. My daughters never remember the route of the original bus, which is worth thinking of during the game if you're trying to avoid too much contact. I'm the tactical advisor on our squads!

That win doesn't count, sorry! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone play Fortnite? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I had no clue what I was doing. Just running around and eventually getting killed or killing my self by accident.

Just deleted it.

This is for the best.

I've played countless hours and I'm mediocre at best. My son has gotten pretty good, he can at least give the really good players a run for their money, whereas I'm just mincemeat to them.

The speed at which some players can build, switch weapons, shoot, etc. is just amazing. They do it so fast it just doesn't seem possible.

The really fast builders are on a PC with a keyboard, though there are some impressive iOS builders out there too.

I had my best game recently with 9 kills, (playing without my teammate in a duos game.) About 4 or 5 solo victories and many squad wins with my girls who are pretty good (better than me).

My best kills is 5 I think. Although I've won a few games as I play tactically smart to make up for a lack of skills. I've realized you're mostly playing kids that are just running around trying to get kills, so if you can gain a quite an advantage by playing smart. Being good would be better, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. My building sucks and I can't shoot worth a damn :)

I won a solo game once with no kills, last opponent standing died in the storm :)

Yes, you'll be playing against xboxes too, which is tough. I play on an ipad so only vs iOS players.

Definitely agree re tactical play. My daughters never remember the route of the original bus, which is worth thinking of during the game if you're trying to avoid too much contact. I'm the tactical advisor on our squads!

My eyes are crap and I have a hard time locating the other players on screen. Surprisingly enough, playing video games blind is difficult. When my son works as my spotter I do ok. On my own I usually get blasted by someone I never see until they're dancing around and gathering up my items.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone play Fortnite? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Just deleted it.

This is for the best.

My eyes are crap and I have a hard time locating the other players on screen. Surprisingly enough, playing video games blind is difficult. When my son works as my spotter I do ok. On my own I usually get blasted by someone I never see until they're dancing around and gathering up my items.

Yeah one of the other old person problems I have is I don't seem to be able to see worth a damn. I use my kids as spotters too.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone play Fortnite? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My kids play on their phones and I've no idea how coz I can't see anything on them. If I hold the ipad far enough away I'm ok.
Of course, we could get reading glasses...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

you need one of these:

https://scufgaming.com/s/scuf-elite/

Programmable buttons on the bottom so you never have to take fingers off other buttons.

I am way too cheap to buy one of these, but it is how people can jump and do other commands at the same time.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone play Fortnite? [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

you need one of these:

https://scufgaming.com/s/scuf-elite/

Programmable buttons on the bottom so you never have to take fingers off other buttons.

I am way too cheap to buy one of these, but it is how people can jump and do other commands at the same time.

Well I'll tell myself that's why I'm getting killed by them :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently started playing with some of my friends. We were all gamers back in college but haven't played anything in the last ten years. Squad wins are the hardest fought IMO. We won five of our last seven games last night and it was an incredible adrenaline rush.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Just deleted it.

This is for the best.

Got another zero kill win in solid gold duo mode this morning playing solo :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Just deleted it.

This is for the best.

Got another zero kill win in solid gold duo mode this morning playing solo :)

Fake Winz!
Quote Reply

Prev Next