Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, since he won national crit champs as a junior.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
rubik wrote:
No, not in the least.

That's just silly. Maybe he isn't a top pro crit rider, but he'd have no problem crushing most of us wankers in a crit.

That's a weird response. Obviously I'm not talking your local Tuesday night crit.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

Jr crit nats is for teens, so...
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So crits are part of US racing on the way to big leagues. Do you think a crit is harder than a sprint stage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rubik wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

can you finish this thought please? the very best junior racers are as good as many domestic pros.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
rubik wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

can you finish this thought please? the very best junior racers are as good as many domestic pros.

What you do as a teen is not necessarily reflective of what you do now.

That would have been relevant a decade ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
So crits are part of US racing on the way to big leagues. Do you think a crit is harder than a sprint stage?

I think they're two different things entirely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what you guys are trying to argue about.

Think TJ would have pulled a top 5 at Dana Point right before Tour of California? Top 10? Top 20?

I think...not.

And it's obviously not because he's not stronger than everyone that did that race, which goes straight back to the initial quip about technical and tactical skills. Things that can be learned/sharpened, undoubtedly, especially by someone who's exposed to the absurdity of Euro finishes. But not something a GC guy is going to just possess intrinsically, or would even want or need to possess.

So. Yeah. That's about all I have left to say about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a great story! Thanks for sharing it.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:

Glad to share! And stoked to have torn up the course on a set of badass wheels!
Quote Reply
Re: Amgen Tour of California TT on Team Dimension Data Equipment - How much faster will I be? [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
Seriously, thank you everyone for your comments, interest, and support. What an unreal experience!!

As Sean H clarified earlier, I raced on my 2010 Cannondale Slice and Flo wheels because I was told Dimension Data didn’t have enough TT bikes with them for me to take one....disappointing, but I do know my bike well. Dimension Data didn’t even have team cars here with their logos—they just rented cars and put racks on the roof. Learned being a European team in a big US Stage race makes it hard to get that stuff lined up!
Most of the teams were in the same boat - they got a Lexus RX from the race organization itself and then had to get additional cars, buses, RV's etc. It was interesting to see big name teams with old RV's. Education First used a bus from Cannondale but it obviously wasn't one their Euro buses. Their Tesla cars in the race were strictly local cars and sponsored by Tesla with a nice wrap for the race itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
Canadian wrote:

Glad to share! And stoked to have torn up the course on a set of badass wheels!

That was definitely awesome. I'm very impressed that you finished in the middle of the field. Very cool.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply

Prev Next