Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giro Aerohead nose-guard thingy
Quote | Reply
So I have an Aerohead from last year, and my visor scratches the hell out of the top of my nose. Looks like there is now a rubber/plastic piece that takes care of that, however Giro is telling me it's not a part they'll sell me, that it's built in to the visor. Can anyone confirm that?

I may have just gotten a dolt of a support person, and may call back if it's clearly a separate piece.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead nose-guard thingy [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called Giro last week and asked the same thing. One side of my nose piece does not stay on very well and its eventually going to fall off. I was told you can't buy the piece seperately. You can buy a new visor for $60 that comes with a nose piece.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't you get a little piece of vacuum hose from an auto or hardware store, slit it lengthwise, and stick it on? It's not exactly high tech stuff and would cost all of $1-2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
So I have an Aerohead from last year, and my visor scratches the hell out of the top of my nose. Looks like there is now a rubber/plastic piece that takes care of that, however Giro is telling me it's not a part they'll sell me, that it's built in to the visor. Can anyone confirm that?

I may have just gotten a dolt of a support person, and may call back if it's clearly a separate piece.

The piece came on my Aerohead a few months ago. It is incredibly minimal. Mine wouldn't even stay on, and I eventually lost it. Luckily mine doesn't contact my nose in any way.

I would think any homemade rubber piece you could stick on would be more dependable than their solution.

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead nose-guard thingy [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I was told you can't buy the piece seperately. You can buy a new visor for $60 that comes with a nose piece.

That's awesome scam, I mean, customer service!
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead nose-guard thingy [Physiojoe925] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To the hardware store!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same deal with my Bell Shield... I'll just find something and put it on there but every helmet I have with the shield it falls off... Louis Garneau, Bell and Giro.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead nose-guard thingy [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I had the same thing happen to my Smith Podium, I contacted Smith and they sent out a new shield. Great cs. BUT, the nose protector still comes off when wet.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro Aerohead nose-guard thingy [Physiojoe925] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess it's time to bust out the glue on mine before I lose it too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:

Put on a Breathe Right strip to protect your nose and get the additional benefit of reducing your nasal resistance by an average of 0.5 cm H20/Lps. Winning...
Quote Reply