Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail
Quote | Reply
This from the empire that once covered nearly 25% of the Earth's surface? They're that "delicate" today they can't tolerate a motorist giving the bird to a traffic camera? Hell, in the US I'm sure that's the least of what our own traffic cams see directed their way.

And our cops? People go out of their way to personally flip them off, and the police usually just shrug their shoulders and move along. And our men and women in blue are armed to the teeth, unlike their British counterparts. Get your big boy pants on, UK. ;-)

WATCH: Man Gets 8 Months In Prison After Flipping-Off Traffic Camera In U.K.

(Note: I'm sure there's some backstory or nuance to the entire story and that the coppers were entirely justified in sending this fellow to stir for several months, right? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Catchy headline... but he went to jail for using a laser jammer in his car, not flipping off the camera.
Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
while driving past in a car fitted with a laser jammer

That's what he was sentenced for. It's right there in the article.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Quote:

They send you to prison for those things? Excuse me for a minute. I've got to run out to my car and uh, uh... get a few things out of the trunk. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Quote:

They send you to prison for those things? Excuse me for a minute. I've got to run out to my car and uh, uh... get a few things out of the trunk. ;-)

Indeed. He's a pervert.

Today he's beginning 8 months in jail for Perverting the course of justice.

Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Quote:

Indeed. He's a pervert.

Today he's beginning 8 months in jail for Perverting the course of justice.

I love the way they cite stuff in English law. "Perverting the course of justice." Our own Americanized version of that is "perversion of justice," but we typically apply that to things the government's side of the justice system does. Shows you what we think of government, huh? Hahahahahahahahaha!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a better article describing his actions

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/...escape-fines-giving/

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Here is a better article describing his actions

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/...escape-fines-giving/

You think I didn't know how fast the OP article would be shot down? ;-)

It was worth it just to learn that phrase "Perverting the course of justice." LOL!

Last edited by: big kahuna: Apr 24, 18 5:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still, 8 months for using a laser jammer seems incredibly harsh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Still, 8 months for using a laser jammer seems incredibly harsh.

Any time for using a laser jammer seems harsh. Massive fine sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He also lied to the police and tried to destroy evidence.
Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Well, yes there's that... details... details...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

NO!! IT'S AN AFFRONT TO FREE SPEECH AND THIS IS WHY WE REBELLED!
Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

NO!! IT'S AN AFFRONT TO FREE SPEECH AND THIS IS WHY WE REBELLED!

I like the way you think, sir. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tvauOJMHo
Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tfleeger wrote:
Catchy headline... but he went to jail for using a laser jammer in his car, not flipping off the camera.

True but the police tweeted out he went to jail for flipping off the camera.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, reading the whole story, yet again another BK post just blowing hot air and smoke, to keep his thread count high.

The guy gut what he deserved.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Driver Flips Off UK Traffic/Surveillance Cam, Gets 8 Months in Jail [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Well, reading the whole story, yet again another BK post just blowing hot air and smoke, to keep his thread count high.

The guy gut what he deserved.

At ease, Combat. It was a fun thread. You didn't see in the thread where I owned to it? Sense of humor, bruv. :-)

Quote Reply