Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rented van mows down people on sidewalk in Toronto [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I wouldn't say that he got lucky. He correctly deduced that the driver didn't actually have a gun and that he wanted "Suicide by Cop". So he put his gun away and advanced with his baton raised.

The idiot wanted to die. He didn't want to be beaten, so he gave up.

My concern with it isn't that he put the gun away and drew his baton. I think what most police would be concerned with is that he had a position of cover (behind the police car) and he gave that up and walked into the middle of the street. Behind the car, he had protection if the guy had a gun, or knife, or any other weapon. He obviously still felt there was some level of threat since he backed away when the guy walked toward him. The only justification for moving away from behind the car is if he was concerned about the backing of any potential shots he fired. Where he moved to put the van almost directly behind the guy, which would be much better than firing into a backdrop of say, a crowded restaurant.

Did he achieve the desired outcome? 100%. Did he follow his training and do it while maintaining the highest level of safety? No, and I think that is where the "lucky" statement comes from.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
And this guy. Ice. In his veins. No backup and he arrests the driver without shooting him.

https://www.theguardian.com/...driver-suspect-video

I need to find his name, this is the guy we should be talking about.

The Toronto Van asshole has been found guilty. Hopefully he's put away for life.

But enough about him... just want to remind everyone about a good cop doing good work (yes they exist). The asshole wanted death by cop, he didn't get it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's also nice to see that schoff14 has been an asshole as far back as 2018 with this gem "Lets ban all assault vans, they must be the damn problem and have to be stopped!"

At least he's consistent.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next