Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 23 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week? Last week was a big race week - did anyone run Boston or London (or both?)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 23 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goal was to rest my legs for a 10k. I did an okay ish job. I won the 10k in 47:14, which I was really pleased with. I felt really good - just enjoyed the heck out of it.

M - 2 mi run + 1075 yd swim
T - 7 mi run + 825 yd swim
W - 6.7 mi run + 374 yd swim
T - 4.5 mi run + 425 yd swim + 5 mi run
F - 2.5 mi run + 1025 yd swim + 5.1 mi run
S - 10k race w/ a short w/u and short c/d (like a couple tenths on either side)
S - off

Goal this week: get legs moderately rested for OKC half marathon on Sunday. Swim 5x, bike twice.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Week went well until Sunday. Planned a long ride with some friends and it ended with me i the hospital. Fortunately no broken bones, but not sure about bike and helmet. Still in hospital due to head injury, feeling very restless. Do t know what happened, just remember climbing overpass, then talking to medic and being loaded into ambulance.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens!

Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik -- congratulation on your 10K win and good luck this weekend.

SDcali, I'm so sorry about your crash and wish you a full and fast recovery.

I guess I didn't spell out my goals last week but they were the same as they've been: 3 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs, PT, yoga.

I decided to test my new bike fit and helmet out at a local Olympic yesterday. I had a good day despite a poor swim (bad navigation exiting the ocean in a strong current). I had a solid bike while still managing to run well (huzzah!) I hadn't raced in months so it was good to shake out the cobwebs and get over my nerves -- I am happy with my performance and managed a PR for the distance despite my slowest Oly swim ever and so much soft sand running T1 and in the middle of the run course! On the gear front, I am more comfortable on my bike fit and I really like having a visor on my helmet because I can see better and don't have to adjust my neck so much. I borrowed a helmet for this race but will buy my own.

Including the race, I ran 4 times, biked 3 times, and swam 3 times but all at lower mileage/yardage than previous weeks. I also did PT, a welcome back strength session, and a really lovely yoga class. I also found a coach I really like so that's exciting!

This week, it's 3 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs, strength, PT, and yoga class.

I hope everyone has a great week of training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 23 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no, SDCali, any updates? That is very scary. I hope you are OK. The bike and helmet can be replaced. On the other hand, you are unique! Take care and keep us posted.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes, SDCali! I'm so glad to hear that you escaped with injuries. How terrifying. Keep us updated!

Congrats on the Oly race, SoCal. Sounds awesome. Glad you are feeling strong.

Tax season finally ended last week. Honestly, that seems like a lifetime ago. I swam last Monday, did nothing on Tuesday and then went backpacking Wednesday - Sunday. The backpacking was EPIC. Even though we had 3 hours of rain the first night, sub-30 temps the second night, and massive bushwhacking and hip-deep creek crossings, it was perfect. No desk, no computer, no phone, no clients, no colleagues, just outside and sunshine. Then on Monday it was clean up day and an hour of Zwift. Today it is back to work.

This week's plan: Swim x2, Bike x4, Run x4

Upcoming this weekend: Volunteer for SLO Marathon - our firm is a sponsor and works one of the aid stations.

Next weekend: WILDFLOWER! I am SO excited. I'm doing the long course (70.3) and am completely undertrained, unprepared, and 15 pounds heavy. UGH. Oh well, it will be a blast anyway.

Backpacking Pictures:

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Week went well until Sunday. Planned a long ride with some friends and it ended with me i the hospital. Fortunately no broken bones, but not sure about bike and helmet. Still in hospital due to head injury, feeling very restless. Do t know what happened, just remember climbing overpass, then talking to medic and being loaded into ambulance.

OMG, I am sorry to hear about your head injury. Sending wishes for a speedy recovery.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh no! Sorry to hear about this; helmets and bikes can be replaced. Hope you get out of hospital soon.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 23 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLO - those are amazing pictures. SoCal - congrats on the race; I saw your bling on instagram - great work!

My week went well with tick boxes for all my workouts except the Sunday strength. Thursday's trainer ride was AWFUL but I persevered and was rewarded with an amazing run. We had a great anniversary celebration on Friday and a relaxing Sunday. I also got boring stuff done, like getting a quote to replace my back step and helping spring clean the fire hall.

This week:
M - swim + run (both done)
T - trainer ride + strength
W - swim + run
Th - trainer ride
F - swim + run
S - rest day
S - trainer ride + strength
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 23 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all.

Scheherazade, thanks! I was really not expecting to be on the podium but love the little surfboard trophy -- it reminded me of Tigerchik's astronaut race :D

Amazing photos SLO, glad you survived tax season!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually a decent week last week. I did PT six days, rode easy a bit, did some yoga, went to a barre class for the first time in a while.

SDCali, I hope you are feeling better. How scary! Please take care of yourself and take it super easy getting back into your routine. Concussions are no joke.

Beautiful pics, SLOgoing.

Congrats to all for your bling and good luck racing this weekend!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got out of hospital yesterday, no exercise for 3 weeks. No concussion protocol, lots of road rash and body aches. LTS owner picked up my bike yesterday, had flat front tire and my mom said it was making funny noises (she picked it up from the hospital and brought it home). Taking the rest of the week off work and going to see my pcp on Monday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you're out of the hospital. Bummer about no working out. I hope the aches and pains go away really soon. HUGS!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! Knarly. Truly hard core. You have to keep us updated. This could have been any one of us. I’m so glad you are on the mend. Stay strong!!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well crap, that sucks. I'm glad you're ok.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So glad to hear you're back home. I'm sorry that you can't exercise, but get some rest, heal up and take care of yourself. I hope you start to feel like yourself soon.

Also hoping that your bike damage is minimal! I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but how did it get to the hospital? Did the medics throw it in the ambulance? I'm glad to hear it wasn't left by the side of the road!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 23 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
So glad to hear you're back home. I'm sorry that you can't exercise, but get some rest, heal up and take care of yourself. I hope you start to feel like yourself soon.

Also hoping that your bike damage is minimal! I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but how did it get to the hospital? Did the medics throw it in the ambulance? I'm glad to hear it wasn't left by the side of the road!
I kept asking about it, so it wouldn’t get left. It was sitting next to me in the ambulance, then locked up at hospital until my mom picked it up. Often around here the firefighters/paramedics take it back to their station and hold it there for pickup.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDCali, so glad you're home. Wishing you a full and fast recovery.

Quote Reply