Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling/swimming Tuscaloosa
Quote | Reply
Going to watch my son race collegiate nationals next weekend(Thurs-Sun) and staying down at the Black River at Hotel Indigo. I know I can run along the Black River but also looking where I can get in a 50ish mile ride Friday afternoon and maybe a swim Saturday afternoon. Any suggestions??

------------------------------------------------
Fight............Finish
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/swimming Tuscaloosa [Digger262] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Digger262 wrote:
Going to watch my son race collegiate nationals next weekend(Thurs-Sun) and staying down at the Black River at Hotel Indigo. I know I can run along the Black River but also looking where I can get in a 50ish mile ride Friday afternoon and maybe a swim Saturday afternoon. Any suggestions??
Swimmers Guide: http://swimmersguide.com/...lityonMapinCity.aspx
Cycling: Check the "Local Riding" link on Velocity Pro Cycle

Let us know how it turns out!

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/swimming Tuscaloosa [Digger262] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sanders Ferry route is the local go-to as an out and back from downtown. Additional mileage can be added by going right on highway 11. Google Tuscaloosa Hot Hundred for the century ride options. Check the Druid City Bike Club link for routes as well.

For a pool swim i believe you can swim at the University’s aquatic center for $5. It’ll be set up short course, but is an awesome pool and very humbling when a member of the swim team is swimming close by. The Tuscaloosa PARA Bobby Miller Center has a lap pool also about 5mi from town. They may have a guest membership.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling/swimming Tuscaloosa [speed856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendation! I ended up doing the Sanders Ferry route twice. Nice route with very little traffic and I really enjoyed it. Thanks again.

------------------------------------------------
Fight............Finish
Quote Reply