Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Movie Review: Super Troopers 2
Quote | Reply
In a word, disappointing.

Everyone's favorite Vermont Highway Patrolmen are back on the job, after a border dispute reveals that a section of Canada may actually belong to the U.S. The familiar crew of Thorny, Mac, Rabbit, Foster, and Farva have to adjust to Canadian culture, figure out how to work with the local Mounties, and track down an ingenious drug smuggling ring, while trying not to screw up so bad that they get fired,....again.

Basically, it's all "again." The troopers engage in hijinks while stopping motorists on the road, again. The troopers make fun of Farva, again. The troopers feud with local cops, again. The troopers have to solve a drug smuggling organization, again. Like a lot of comedy sequels, this movie unfortunately relies too heavily on the formula and even some of the exact same jokes as the original. That doesn't mean Troopers 2 isn't funny in some parts. It definitely is. But it just doesn't have the same impact as the original, or the fun of some of the other Broken Lizard films like BeerFest or Club Dread.

Super Troopers 2 has a ton of vulgar language, some sexual situations, and a bunch of nudity (male and female). If you're a huge fan of these guys, you'll probably want to go see it, but if not, you can wait until it comes to cable or Netflix.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Super Troopers 2 [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to criticize you review, which is great as usual, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Have I missed something of humorous or cultural significance?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like Dumb and Dumberer, it sounds like this movie simply recycled itself for a new, younger audience. Alas, like Dumb and Dumber, the first Super Troopers is a once only kind of comedy.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Apr 21, 18 9:58
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Super Troopers 2 [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Not to criticize you review, which is great as usual, but I have no idea what you are talking about. Have I missed something of humorous or cultural significance?

Yes. The first ten minutes alone can stand by themselves as pure comedy gold. A cult classic.

"Du or Du not-there is no Tri" - Yoda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
In a word, disappointing.

Everyone's favorite Vermont Highway Patrolmen are back on the job, after a border dispute reveals that a section of Canada may actually belong to the U.S. The familiar crew of Thorny, Mac, Rabbit, Foster, and Farva have to adjust to Canadian culture, figure out how to work with the local Mounties, and track down an ingenious drug smuggling ring, while trying not to screw up so bad that they get fired,....again.

Basically, it's all "again." The troopers engage in hijinks while stopping motorists on the road, again. The troopers make fun of Farva, again. The troopers feud with local cops, again. The troopers have to solve a drug smuggling organization, again. Like a lot of comedy sequels, this movie unfortunately relies too heavily on the formula and even some of the exact same jokes as the original. That doesn't mean Troopers 2 isn't funny in some parts. It definitely is. But it just doesn't have the same impact as the original, or the fun of some of the other Broken Lizard films like BeerFest or Club Dread.

Super Troopers 2 has a ton of vulgar language, some sexual situations, and a bunch of nudity (male and female). If you're a huge fan of these guys, you'll probably want to go see it, but if not, you can wait until it comes to cable or Netflix.

Crucial question: were you high while watching?

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: Super Troopers 2 [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:

Crucial question: were you high while watching?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply