Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DNC goes all in on Russian interference
Quote | Reply
Lawsuit against Trump campaign, Russia, and WikiLeaks.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At some point the Democrats need to move on from this, acknowledge that they had a shitty candidate, and start putting some people in place for 2020 or they're going to get stomped again, and have to live with another 4 years of Pres Trump or 4 years of whatever the GOP puts up to challenge him. I'm being charitable and assuming they're focusing on the mid-terms and will start to get their shit together after the dust settles from those elections, but if they don't, it's going to be a long few years ahead for the DNC.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Not sure what they hope to achieve from this, given it effectively mirrors the Mueller investigation.

That said, the Dems did the same thing during Watergate and the Republican party settled the same day Nixon resigned.
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Not sure what they hope to achieve from this, given it effectively mirrors the Mueller investigation.

$$$$$$$$$

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Agreed. Not sure what they hope to achieve from this, given it effectively mirrors the Mueller investigation.

There's a real possibility that Mueller's findings are never released to the public, if they fall short of more criminal indictments. This could be another way of exposing the Republicans' dirty laundry that we all suspect is there. Civil suits, of course, require a lower standard of proof than do criminal proceedings.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

That said, the Dems did the same thing during Watergate and the Republican party settled the same day Nixon resigned.

Discovery and depositions

Not the strategy I would recommend by a long shot. But filing the suit lets you do discovery which in essence lets you do your own independent investigation.

But it looks weak and whiny at this point politically.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

There's a real possibility that Mueller's findings are never released to the public, if they fall short of more criminal indictments. This could be another way of exposing the Republicans' dirty laundry that we all suspect is there. Civil suits, of course, require a lower standard of proof than do criminal proceedings.

Yes, I can see the merits from that perspective, but I'm not sure it will help the party politically at a time when some of the population are getting somewhat impatient for Mueller to wrap things up (naively in my view, because Mueller's been at it for less than a year).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Dems have been beating the Russia drum for a year and a half. The longer this goes on, without hard evidence, the more they alienate the moderates. It looks like many Dems are unable to understand how horrible a candidate Hillary was.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
klehner wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Yes, I can see the merits from that perspective, but I'm not sure it will help the party politically at a time when some of the population are getting somewhat impatient for Mueller to wrap things up (naively in my view, because Mueller's been at it for less than a year).

Methinks word is getting around that Mueller has nothing and this is the last ditch effort to smear Trump and associates on this particular topic.
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

Methinks word is getting around that Mueller has nothing and this is the last ditch effort to smear Trump and associates on this particular topic.

This is what I don't get. Trump is such a tool that he's making it easy for them. Why bother with this? If they don't win or settle then how bad will this be for them?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I am sure that Putin and the oligarchs are behind this. Just trying to stir things up and weaken the Presidency/US with controversy and discord.
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

This is what I don't get. Trump is such a tool that he's making it easy for them. Why bother with this? If they don't win or settle then how bad will this be for them?

I think you are giving the average voter way too much credit. If they can get a handful of outrageous headlines it will all be worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
BLeP wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:

I think you are giving the average voter way too much credit. If they can get a handful of outrageous headlines it will all be worth it.

You're probably right. I didn't think for a million years that Trump could be elected... yet here we are.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m no lawyer, but I believe discovery works in both directions. Not sure the DNC will benefit overall.
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
I’m no lawyer, but I believe discovery works in both directions. Not sure the DNC will benefit overall.

Correct. Lawsuits also often result in counterclaims.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
The longer this goes on, without hard evidence, the more they alienate the moderates.

I don't know. I see it as a freebie. If you get something, great. If not, then no real cost.

Last edited by: trail: Apr 20, 18 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bernie should sue the DNC because they screwed him the most...
DNC should sue themselves for picking a candidate worse then Mr T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh boy, Hannity is going to be great tonight...lol
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
Oh boy, Hannity is going to be great tonight...lol

He's probably ecstatic. Things are back to normal for a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A round of Kleenexs are on me tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Perseus wrote:
The longer this goes on, without hard evidence, the more they alienate the moderates.

I don't know. I see it as a freebie. If you get something, great. If not, then no real cost.

That’s because you’re not a moderate.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

What would those parties be suing the DNC over that is related to the DNC suit? The Steele Dossier? Does Trump really want all of that laid on the table?

Just because Trump beats the drum that the Democrats colluded with Russia does not make it so.

Again, not my choice of strategy, but someone asked why do it. That is why to do it. Chances of winning are slim at best it would seem to me.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: DNC goes all in on Russian interference [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was kinda on the fence about this one. But I've become fired up about election integrity after reading this opinion piece in USAToday by Donna Brazile.

I find her opinion especially valuable as I assume she has completed her Election Cheaters Anonymous 12 step program.

I think the odds are pretty good that Trump is going to tweet about this.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply