Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum
Quote | Reply
Are people that ignorant? Relevant example, after White was nowhere to be seen:

Quote:
The tour, scheduled to last 90 minutes, was halfway done. Seven of White’s staff members stayed with the guide, who soon was showing them an exhibit on the Warsaw Ghetto. As she explained the walling in of Polish Jews, one aide asked whether it was similar to “a gated community.”

White recently posted on his Facebook page that the Jews controlled the weather.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Mr. White has a ways to go on his "public rehabilitation" and that will include more than having bagels and lox for breakfast...
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The comments are so bizarre that I can't tell if they're pure ignorance or trolling. I suspect trolling, particularly the bit about being "protected" by Nazi troops.
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
The comments are so bizarre that I can't tell if they're pure ignorance or trolling. I suspect trolling, particularly the bit about being "protected" by Nazi troops.

I would like that to be true, but the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if some people don't believe that the Holocaust really happened, or that events like those depicted in the article really happened as described. I mean, really, White believes in global Jewish conspiracies.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
trail wrote:

I would like that to be true, but the cynic in me wouldn't be surprised if some people don't believe that the Holocaust really happened, or that events like those depicted in the article really happened as described. I mean, really, White believes in global Jewish conspiracies.

I'm the opposite. I'd prefer pure ignorance. Because then there's - maybe - the possibility of education. By the time someone's trolling, they're entrenched.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
while he does sound like an idiot, it was good that he was there, asking questions and learning. Isn't that what Museums are for. If we expect people to only go to museums where they already know the subject matter, what's the point?

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
while he does sound like an idiot, it was good that he was there, asking questions and learning. Isn't that what Museums are for. If we expect people to only go to museums where they already know the subject matter, what's the point?

Alas, I'd guess he learned nothing. One point of going to museums is to get a deeper understanding of a subject matter that one might already know. Another point is to dispel incorrect ideas about the subject matter. Unfortunately, if one already believes in conspiracy theories, facts in a museum just fall under the same disbelief.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 you should have also mentioned the other story in the article.

After seeing a photo of a German woman being forced to shame walk through town with a sign noting that she was “defiled by a jew”, he made a remark that he thought the Germans were protecting her. Really? that’s what he got out of the photo?

This guy is dumber than a rock. I feel sorry for the tour guide who had to deal with his idiocy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How the fuck does someone like that get elected to public office?!
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I believe you are in NJ, and I've lived in NJ for more than thirty years now. NY/NJ/NE is nothing like most of the rest of the nation. When I worked for Boeing in Seattle in the early 1980s, I met an engineer who said he had never before met a Jew.

Most in the US have little or no exposure to Judaism and Jewish history, and certainly are not deluged with Holocaust information and Jewish issues like we in the Northeast are. So, these people get what little information they have from wherever they get the rest of their news. Unfortunately, that would include very dubious if not outright dishonest brokers.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Given your current President, I don't think knowledge of history or world events is a requirement for public office...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
klehner wrote:
trail wrote:

I'm the opposite. I'd prefer pure ignorance. Because then there's - maybe - the possibility of education. By the time someone's trolling, they're entrenched.

I always tell my wife, never attribute malice where stupidity will do. I think this guy has both.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

Quote:
The tour, scheduled to last 90 minutes, was halfway done. Seven of White’s staff members stayed with the guide, who soon was showing them an exhibit on the Warsaw Ghetto. As she explained the walling in of Polish Jews, one aide asked whether it was similar to “a gated community.”

White recently posted on his Facebook page that the Jews controlled the weather.

Yes, they are. And it was pretty egregious on White's part. One of his entourage or whoever they were with him, on seeing a Jewish woman being paraded through the streets by Nazis (as Mr. Jack depicted previously), remarked that they were probably just protecting her. Ummmm...

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Apr 20, 18 10:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Heh.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Heh.

It's D.C. city government. My guess is White is actually one of the more moderate and enlightened folks, when it comes to feelings about Jews, who run that town.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

It's DC City government. Never have you seen such a shit show of ineptitude.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

Quote:

I've always thought that in general, Jews are fairly smart. Didn't realize they are so smart that they can control the weather.:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing brings people from all walks of life together like anti-Semitism. You have white right-wingers like Spencer and black left-wingers all reading from the same script. Christians, Muslims, and aetheists. Ignorant and educated. Rich and poor.

So much togetherness and unity.

This is why even though sometimes Israel's hardline stances sometimes seem hyper-defensive and paranoid, I still get it. Whenever anyone anywhere in the world starts feeling disenfranchised and marginalized, fingers seem to start pointing to the nearest Jewish person.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Nothing brings people from all walks of life together like anti-Semitism. You have white right-wingers like Spencer and black left-wingers all reading from the same script. Christians, Muslims, and aetheists. Ignorant and educated. Rich and poor.

So much togetherness and unity.

This is why even though sometimes Israel's hardline stances sometimes seem hyper-defensive and paranoid, I still get it. Whenever anyone anywhere in the world starts feeling disenfranchised and marginalized, fingers seem to start pointing to the nearest Jewish person.

Agreed. The Jewish people (and that doesn't mean Israel specifically, though you're absolutely right about their hyper-defensive attitude) have been history's scapegoats for pretty much every bad thing that's ever happened. Including, apparently, nasty weather.

Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

It's DC City government. Never have you seen such a shit show of ineptitude.

Yeah, they elected Marion Berry mayor after his drug possesion conviction.
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They don't control the weather but they do control Hollywood ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
They don't control the weather but they do control Hollywood ;-)

Hahahahahahaha! And make no secret of it, either! ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Idiot DC Council member tours the Holocaust Museum [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
trail wrote:
klehner wrote:

I always tell my wife, never attribute malice where stupidity will do. I think this guy has both.

Hanlon's razor.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply